chapter 37

Nora's pov*

I was getting comfortable in my seat when I heard talking. I didn't recognize the voice at first but when the man stopped talking and began to walk my way and I saw his face I knew who it was. He sat down in front of me and flashed me his white smile before crossing his legs and looking down at his phone.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me? We have a long way to go and your eyes are sure to get tired." He said and quickly glanced my way.

"What are you doing here?"

"No hello? No how are you since we last saw each other?" He said still looking at his phone as a flight attendant brings over a drink for me that I had asked for when I got on. I gave her a quick thank you as she left.

"No, I would rather not get into that until you tell my why the hell your here."

"To keep you safe, miss Finley." He said in the most polite voice. "And Enzo says to think of me as a gift. I can do pretty much anything you need."

"Okay, anything?"

"Anything."

"Then how about you stay here? Tell Enzo to stick his presents up his ass." I said with the biggest and fakest smile. I know how i sound. I sound like the bitch that no one like and is mean to everyone. But it pissed me off how Enzo can send one of his men to keep an eye on me but won't do it himself. He laughed and looked me in the eyes.

"God I'm gonna like this a lot more than I thought I was." He said mostly to himself. "I cant do that princess but I can relay the message for you."

"I could just do that myself." I said and we both laughed. I'm not going to lie I like his laugh. It was deep and sexy and it reminded me of Enzo's laughter.

"Yeah you could and I think it would go over better if you did it." He said with a laugh.

"So what is he giving you to do this?"

"Who says I didnt do it on my own free will?" He said with a mysterious smile.

"You dont know me.  So theres no way your going to uproot your life to go with me to a different country on your own free will."

"Enzo was right, you are incredibly smart. Your right in some ways. It was my own free will but the money might have influenced it."

"Are you really getting that much?" I asked and he gave a short laugh and looked down at his lap with a smile and then slowly looked back up at me with a smile.

"I sure am. Plus I want to get to know the woman that turned the big bad monster into a love stricken idiot."

"I wonder what he would have to say about that." I said with a short laugh of my own.

"Your not gonna tell on me right? Because the will for sure put a strain on our relationship Miss. Finley." He said grinning. When he smiled I noticed he had dimples.

"Oh will it now? And didnt I tell you not to call me Miss. Finley  when we first met after your gang kidnapped me from my apartment and you took me home?"

"Ahh so you do remember me, Nora." The way he said my name made it hard to not like him.

"How can I forget my kidnapper?" I said in a sarcastic voice. He laughed and shook his head as if it was the most unbelievable thing.

"Firstly, " he held up a finger, "I was not the one who kidnapped you. I had no part in that. I just took you home like gentlemen. Secondly, " he held up two fingers, "I told him it wasnt a good idea. But the mother fucker doesnt listen for shit. Hes hard headed, it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes." He laughed and dropped his hands.

"Most men are hard headed. I bet your the same way." I said grinning like I won or something.

"Oh no princess, you got it all wrong. I listen like I should. I was raised right and my mother would stab me with a kitchen knife if she heard I wasnt a gentleman like she raised me to be."

"Maybe me and her need to have a talk, maybe just maybe she can talk some sense in Enzo."

"Oh shes tried. Every single time they talk she tries to talk some sense into him but hes like his father in that respect, he doesnt listen unless it gets him what he wants."

"You have met his father?"

"Yeah and his mother. I loved his mother, she was an amazing woman. And she made the best roasted dinners. I use to go over every sunday to have dinner with her and Lorenzo. She loved her son and she loved me just as much as she loved him. She use to call me her other son. She was always so kind and sweet. It's a shame that she died. The world was a better place with her in it. It crushed Lorenzo when she died. Hell it crushed everyone she knew, everyone she met loved her."

"What did she die of?"

"I'm not sure. I saw her once in the hospital because I was out of the state when she was admitted and couldnt get back in time and by the time I did get back she could barley stay awake. She was on a ton of drugs for pain and stuff like that. I asked a doctor what was wrong with her but they wouldnt tell me because I wasnt related to her. And Lorenzo was in such a bad state that I wasnt even going to try to talk to him about it even after she died."

"What about his father? Did he come see her?"

"God no. No one has heard from his father in over 15 years. He disappeared one night and after 2 years of looking for him everyone just kinda forgot about him. He was abusive towards Lorenzo and his mother. I think most people hoped he wouldn't come back and was dead. No one liked him besides Lorenzo's mother. She always saw the good in people even after they proved her wrong."

"How long have you known Enzo?"

"His whole life. I was the one who got him into this life. Though he out shined me and gained control of everything only after a few months. He rose to the top. I didn't mean to get him mixed up into this but things happened and soon he couldn't leave. He hasn't left my side. Hes loyal. He saved my life a million times. My mother was bestfriend with his mom. So we grew up together and we have been bestfriend since then. I would die for him."

"Are you just like him?"

"You have to be more clear on what you mean by that princess."

"Are you a man whore?" He laughed and shook his head.

"No I'm not a man whore. And honestly neither is he. It's his image thing that makes him seem like a big whore."

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"You do sure ask a lot of questions."

"Its part of my job."

"Ahh yes a lawyer. No I dont have a girlfriend. I did but then we broke up."

"Why did you guys break up?"

"She just wasnt what I wanted anymore. I didnt see a future with her. I didnt want to lead her on so I broke things off with her."

"Mmm." Was all i responded with. I moved so I could lay my head on the seat cushion. This jet was beautiful and comfortable so it didnt talk long for my eyelids to get heavy and I fell asleep.