Chapter 24-Caring Goes Down

*•.•*•.•*Rachel's POV*•.•*•.•*

I felt my head bump against something hard. That's what woke me up. As a reaction, I grabbed my head in my two hands. "Ow." I groaned.

"Shutup back there!" Some obviously cranky girl ordered. Wow, she's very nice. Wait, am I in a van?! Oh my goodness! I've been kidnapped! What will Harry and Jarred say?! John! I didn't even get to see my baby brother! I wanna see John! I give up. I'll do anything to see him! He's my life and I haven't seen him in three months! I miss him.

The van came to a halt. The van's tires made a squealing noise due to the sudden stop. "Stay here. Or else," The kidnapper ordered crankily.

I started to sob. My whole life is ruined! Stupid life! Stupid me! Stupid stupid stupid! I should have just say in the waiting room. I would have been with John right now.

"Hello, Mallory," The girl said. Sick, I can hear their conversati-- Did she just say Mallory? I tried opening my mouth but I found tape on it. I need to save Mallory, or else she'll get kidnapped also!

"Just please, let them go." Mallory whispered. "Stop stepping towards me!" Malo ordered.

The girl chuckled. "Did you bring anyone with you, Darling?" She creepily asked. I think Malo shook her head no. "Good. 'Cause now I don't have to kill you."

"Why did you want to meet up?" Mallory got all the confidence she had to say that?! I would have beaten the girl up already!

"Your little friend Rachel, is getting lonely."

I heard a gasp. "Rachel is in the van?! LET HER OUT YOU-you creep," She whispered the last part.

I heard a bang, then a body drop to the floor. "Mmm!" I screamed. Mallory. Malo. Why is she so stupid?! We could've escaped by ourselves! The van's back door opened and the girl threw Malo's body into the van.

"Don't say another word." And she slammed the door shut. Who pissed in her Cheerios this morning?

______________

I poked Mallory's face for the fiftieth time. We've been driving for about an hour. I'm scared. Maybe we're going to Charlottetown, or we could be going to Souris. Just as long as I live and don't die!

I poked Malo's face again. The van came to a corner and ripped right around. This made my finger go into her nose instead. "Ee!" I screamed through the duck tape on my mouth. I wiped the booger that got caught on my finger on the floor. Ew.

Note to self: Tell Mallory to clean the inside of her nose more often.

The van came to a stop. The engine turned off and a door was slammed shut. I lied down on the disgusting hard van floor, before she opened the van door. She swiftly threw Malo over her shoulder, while a very buff man picked me up. My eyes are half open, just enough so they won't notice I'm awake. "Take them with the other fools." The girl ordered.

I mentally shivered at the sound of her hard, cold voice. She doesn't sound too nice. Her voice sounds quite familiar though. Kinda like this girl that use to go to our school. She moved two years ago. Melissa and her use to be best friends. Until Meli ditched Abby for us. I wouldn't call it ditching, but Meli does.

The buff man threw me, literally threw me, into a room. "Tie them to those two chairs." The girl ordered. "Now!" He put me onto a very uncomfortable chair and tied my feet and hands to it. Now I know I'm going to die.

The lights were turned on. I closed my eyes quickly or else I would have went blind. Man those lights are bright! I blinked and blinked. When my eyes were use to the lighting, I could see who the kidnapper was. Abby. "You." I said. But with the duck tape, it sounded like, "Foo."

She chuckled lowly. "Yes, me. Who else would it be?" Abby crossed her arms.

I looked over at a pole coming from the ceiling. The rest of the girls were there. Even Haylee! My eyes widened of the sight of her. I looked closely at Leah and Melissa. Their hands don't look like they're tied. All their mouths aren't covered either. So why are me and Mallory just tied up? All the girls are looking at me. I stared right back at them.

"Please, Abby. I'm sorry!" Melissa turned to Abby and away from me. "Just let the girls go! You can keep me here to suffer! They don't deserve this! Especially Mallory! She didn't even go to our school back then!" Meli started to cry. "This wouldn't have even happened if I didn't ditch you."

I shook my head. Leah stared at my face. I started to wiggle around as to say something. "Oh," Abby said. "It's all of your faults." She turned to Meli. "Melissa, you stopped talking to me randomly." Abby turned to Haylee. "Haylee, you always ignored me no matter what I said to you." She turned to Leah. "Leah, you always teased me about my weight." She signalled toward her new slim figure. "Kendell, you never even took a glance at me." She turned to Mallory who was just sitting there staring at Abby as if she couldn't believe any of this. "Mallory, you tried to mess up my whole plan. I had to kidnap you." Then she smirked and slowly turned to me. "Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. Foolish Rachel. You stole my boyfriend in grade six. That's why you're dying first."

My eyes started to get glassy. I'm dying first? I didn't think she'd kidnap us, let alone kill us! I can't die! I have a future! I wanna get married to the perfect man. Have the perfect children. A perfect family. "Is that all?" Kendell stared Abby down. "You did something to all of us too, ya know."

That's right! We stole candy from the corner store and Abby caught us. She told our mothers and we had to write a five page letter to the store lady about how sorry we were. I totally forgot about that! Abby promised she wouldn't tell anyone. "I only did that because you guys were doing the wrong thing." She sat down, looking unsure. Ha. We defeated the kidnapper. We don't need no men to help us. Women have this case covered.

Abby stood up. "I still have you under my watch, you can't escape without me." She pointed to herself. "Or Captain Bill knowing." She pointed to the buff man who was watching me and Mallory a little bit too much.

"What do you want Abby? Money?" Leah asked.

Abby chuckled. "Don't you remember? I'm filthy rich. My parents are big time lawyers." She shrugged.

"Just answer the question," Haylee said with clenched teeth.

Abby smirked. "Oh. I forgot a part of the story. I'm the person who helped Alex out of jail, and I tricked Haylee into leaving the band."

Haylee looked at Abby with a death glare. "You said we'd work together." Haylee shook her head. "You lied."

If I wasn't tied up right now, I'd slap the crap right out of Haylee! She lied and said her sister needed her. "Haylee, why?" Meli whispered.

"Because you guys didn't care about me! You always had each other while I was never told any secrets of yours! I never knew who any of you liked because you guys never trusted me! Why?! I don't know?!" I closed my eyes and pictured Harry right beside me, comforting me. Telling me everything's going to be alright.

"We care about you Haylee, but when you go doing shit like this, the caring just goes down and down," Kenny said.

"Okay! Just remember, we're watching." Captain Bill and Abby walked out of the cold dark room, turning off the lights and shutting the door behind them.