Ice Cream Day

Time passed by so quickly, I didn't notice that it's already past five in the afternoon.
We just notice it when a soft knock was made through my office door.

"Come in!", I said heedlessly. The door open slowly and a beautiful angel peek through the door.

Mommy!!, Luna said excitedly

Hi sweetpea, are you ready to go home? Jennie said dearly on her daughter.

Umm, not yet mommy. P is not yet done with her story. Oh? she's telling you a story? Yeah..it's about he- It's okay Luna, I can continue it when you visit us again. I cut her off. B-but I want to still be with you...Luna said while pouting. Oh, you are flattering me my little kitten. How about we grab an ice cream before you go home. If that is okay with your mom, I said and look to Jennie asking her permission.

Mommey, please lets go grab some ice cream please..Luna asks with teary eyes while hugging her arms. Okay okay,  how can I say no to my sweetpea.

Are you sure its okay to you to spent your free time with Luna? You might have a plan today with others, its okay with us. We can understand. Jennie said wryly.

Oh no I have lots of free time for Luna, if you don't mind can I drive you?

What???, Jennie responded astonishly.

Uh, I mean can I drive you car or would you like me to use my car going to the ice cream parlor.

Uh I see, its okay we can use our own car and we'll just follow you.

But mom, I want to be with P also. Luna butted in.

Okay, just please drive my car. Jennie said cooperatively and handed me her car keys.

But how about your car? Jennie asks me while we are walking to the basement parking.

Nah, its okay. I'll just take a cab after driving you home.

Okay, Jennie nods and just give me a straight face.

We arrive at the place after twenty minutes of driving from the office.

I quickly went out the car and open the door before Jennie can open it.

Thank you, she said shyly and I just gave her a shy smile and Luna follow through after she went out and grab my hand and pull me excitedly inside the ice cream parlor.

Be careful sweetpea, Jennie said worriedly.

I carry Luna unconciously, lets wait for mommy okay? Okay P, she gave me her toothy smile. Then I look back to Jennie and waited for her. I open the door for her, "angel first", I said to tease her but I just receive another straight face from the great Jennie Kim.

The receptionist greet us warmly, table for three ma'm? Yes table for three please. I said in response.

Please follow her, the receptionist politely said and point the cute waitress wearing a navy like uniform.