Chapter 43: Gossip columns were no joke

Chapter 43| Gossip columns were no joke

***

   After more plotting and scheming and Aurora telling me, no we could not shove a rat and hot bucket over Daniel's stomach and watch as it rips and gnaws through his intestines (what? Don't look at me like that, I'd do it for you, too), Nico came knocking on the door just as the bell for the end of school rang and all the ballet kids started packing stuff up.

   I begrudgingly agreed. It would be animal cruelty to the rat.

   Before that, I actually dozed off a few times on Rory's lap, mostly from the pain. It hurt too much to speak.

   She noticed me wincing and gently tugged me to lay down in her lap. Then carried on talking for the both of us and only when I began to moan and groan about the pain in my knee did she begin to ask me random questions. I knew she was doing it to distract me, but my god it hurt so bad I could barely form one word sentences.

   Luckily just when the pain was excruciating and I felt as though I was giving birth, class ended and Nico was already getting us out the door. He saw me wince and tucked me to his side, ooh la la, Aurora supported my other and the three of us made our way down the hallway under the scrutiny of everyone leaving for home.

   If I wasn't in so much pain I would have blushed. Lucky for me, Nico and Aurora wore glares that could make a blind man cry and suddenly we were invisible. Well...less gawked at but you get it.

   "Faust is here." Was all Nico said along the way. I felt Aurora tense up next to me and sent her a concerned look. She lightly shook her head at me. Huh?

   We reached the main school entrance doors and walked out to the courtyard, brushing past the cluster of all the other kids desperate to get out of here. Except the ones who roamed around and went to their dorms on campus. I really hated living close to the academy. Imagine all the semi-independent shit I could have done living a block away from the rents.

   "What the fuck happened?!" Exclaimed a low voice I hadn't heard from in a while.

   Cruz came rushing over to us, Bianca and Jordan hot on his heels. Where were Yuri and Jamal? Oh shit! They'd be on the other side of the school...meh, not much I could do now. I'd let them have a private make-out sesh - mum and dad needed a break.

   Cruz took one long look at my face, then my bandaged knee and cast a cold look at the Genovese siblings.

   "What the fuck did you do?"

   Nico put his free hand up in surrender, the other still wrapped around my waist. I didn't miss the glare Cruz sent at it. "Calm the fuck down. We didn't do anything. If you had eyes you'd see Rory's hurt too. Neither of them will tell us what happened,"

   Cruz cast that same cold look at me but when he reassessed my cuts and scrapes along with Rory's he sighed softly and moved Nico out of the way. The latter obliged sending me a small smile. I blushed like an idiot.

   "What the hell did you get yourself into, Loser?"

   I couldn't help myself, ignoring his question, I gently shook off Aurora's hand and wrapped my arms around Cruz. He instantly wrapped me up in a hug and I let out a wet chuckle.

   "I missed you, you toad,"

I felt him laugh. "So emotional. It's only been two weeks,"

   "Cute," a dark voice rang out, making me freeze up. "Now can we wrap up this little reunion. I've got shit to do,"