Chapter 4: Double P knoweth thy nameth

Chapter 4| Double P knoweth thy nameth

***

Now I'm a gazillion percent sure whatever just happened in the shop fifteen minutes ago was not a coincidence.

Polly Pocket knew - knows - my name. A mysterious, astronomically sexy italian, who may possibly be a psychopath, knows my name. Even someone as fucking cool as Shakespeare would warn me, it would probably go something like: "Hither, young fair, wondrously beautiful maiden, Heidi. Polly Pocketeth knoweth thy nameth, I suggesteth thou runneth away."

Then I would be all like: "Shakespeare, you romantic fuck. Cometh join me, for we shall elope together...eth."

Point is - I have a frightening Italian on my back (and Shakespeare would have adored me back in the day).

Where were we? Oh yes...BIG ITALIAN DUDE KNOWS WHO THE FUCK I AM !

   Well not entirely, there's the whole 'only you know who you are' motivational bullshit that comes into play and I can bet Polly pocket doesn't have a clue that I am a huge fan of prawns.

   Now this piece of information is vital, due to its specificity.

   Prawns are my only favourite seafood dish! That's right, I stand by that. Sushi, lobster, crab, oysters - yeah, no. My body practically glitches whenever I hear the word oyster. It sounds so...jiggly. Anyway, I like prawns. Only prawns, and if you think Double P knows that, you're stupid, because he doesn't know the significance of my disposition towards them.

   Regardless, a man as threatening as that would not want pointless information on what I eat in a day. And that can only mean one thing...

   Holy crap! What if he knew my national insurance number? Or worse, my report cards?...

   "If it isn't my daughter, late to see her own father...again."

   I paused my internal panic. Well mostly...

   "Dad!" I squealed, dropping the bag of groceries on the floor (much to my mothers dismay) and ran into his open arms. I nuzzled my face into his warm chest and smiled in absolute glee.

   "Heidi!" He screamed back, laughing gently when I pulled back and playfully slapped his shoulder. His face turned warm and serious as he smiled at me. "It's good to see you kiddo,"

   "It's good to see you too, old man." I moved out of his embrace and shrugged off my jacket, grinning like a cheshire cat as we both walked into the dining room where everyone else was seated.

   Me and my dad didn't really need to catch up. I practically lived with him whilst he was away on business since my face was on his phone screen 24/7. What can I say, I'm a hell of a clingy bitch. Oh yeah - I'll cling to you alright, clingy cling cling cling.

   The room was filled with instant chatter and delight as everyone circled around the dining table.

   "Heidi, you better have a good excuse as to why it took you so godamn long to buy three things on the list," my mother lectured, with a casserole dish in her hand. I grimaced, picturing the dish all over me as she leaned in a threatening stance.

   My dad had brought in the bag from the foyer and placed it in the kitchen. What a gentleman...hold up, my dad never helps with the shopping and that can only mean one thing - he spotted the chocolate chips. Aha! The clever man.

   I nervously patted her forehead before gingerly walking to sit next to Cruz, who was shoving a disgusting amount of food in his large mouth.

   "I was making sure everything was correct, y'know, just incase I bought the wrong thing." I said, whilst filling up my plate. Cruz helped by shoving piles of whatever he was having onto mine and poured a glass full of apple juice for me. I patted his mop of curly brown hair gently and grinned.