Chapter 44: She brings out the homicide in me

Chapter 44|She brings out the homicide in me

***

• Faust •

"It's done."

Donny nodded at me, frowning absentmindedly at the paper weight on his desk. The man loved to humour himself, it's why the weight was in the shape of a gun. His favourite - an S&W J-frame revolver. I guarantee the idiot used it to cuddle at night.

"Great, you gonna call clean up or shall I?"

I studied the paper weight too. "You do it,"

"Lazy bitch," he muttered under his breath. I snorted.

"I've got to visit Salvatore. You want to do that for me instead?" I asked with a raised brow, knowing full well he was scared of the guy. What a pussy. Then again, Salvatore did shoot him in the leg once. He shoots everyone somewhere at least once, it's his form of...therapy. The bastard was insane. Although, that was partially the reason why Donny was scared of the bulky Mexican.

"Fuck no," he replied with a wince. "You can have him all to yourself. Hey, do me a favour and shoot the culo in the face, would you." He asked me to do that every time. Then had a bitch fit when I didn't. A child. The man is a child.

There's a reason why we call Chris, Donny. There's a reason a lot of people call him Donny...in more harsher words. His nickname was short for donnaiolo - playboy. It doesn't take a genius to understand why he got stuck with that. I did warn the local Casanova, but he had a big mouth, and an even bigger need to outsmart his competition. He kind of deserved it. After all, what man wouldn't shoot him after finding out he slept with the wife.

Now, Salvatore's wife wasn't exactly the innocent party. The woman was a quarter stoned, and three quarters vengeful. Her name was Yolanda or something. I say something because Salvatore rarely called her by her name and I was too young to give a shit. The couple's marriage was a little wobbly and very mentally scarring. Being there to witness the decline of their marriage was quite...something. Eventful, if you like.

Anyway, she ran off to some place with another one of Salvatore's disloyal cronies. He sure knows how to pick 'em. It's one of his biggest flaws - his Achilles heel. Thinking he can keep people in line with fear, and fear alone. What he doesn't get is that eventually fear turns into disrespect and one by one every loyal member in his gang will end up making a mockery out of him. After all it's what I did.

"I'll see," I muttered, glancing at the clear crystal prism on his desk, near a picture frame of a cat. Was that...is it holding chopsticks? Where the hell did this idiot get the picture? He's never once owned a cat in his life.

   "The terrible two didn't kill them did they?" He asked referring to Gio and Nico and those disgusting pricks who thought they could get away with touching my sister and my Losièr. Seeing the marks on her face and the limp that fucker gave her made my blood boil. It pissed me off even more knowing she protected Rory before herself. Idiota. Now I owed the brat.

   "No. I'm going to do it myself,"

   "Yeah right. Kill Sharp? One hundred percent, I'm with you on that. Kill Bishop Junior? Daddy's not gonna be too impressed."