Chapter 16: My memory isn't doing good for my mental health

Chapter 16| My memory isn't doing good for my mental health

***

When I thought that running through the heavy grey steel doors of my classroom would be a good idea and that my classmates would cheer for me upon my spectacular arrival, I was deeply wrong.

I was so out of breath I honestly thought I was having an asthma attack. Then I remembered that I was a lazy piece of shit and this was just the side effects. Also, I would be dead by now seeing as I forgot my inhaler...again.

Trying to shoulder knock an insanely substantial metal door was not my forte. My eyes began to water when I felt my shoulder almost dislocate and my bones break. It was a miracle I was still standing.

But you know what almost made me burst out in tears as I frantically fell into the classroom? Miss Priestley was still not here.

My god damn teacher was not present!

Slap me on the ass and call me Rudolph. The one teacher who hates tardiness - no actually that's putting it too lightly - the one teacher who despises tardiness was late to her own class. She had the audacity to make me run halfway through the ginormous building with my heart pounding in my chest out of panic, only to not show her ass here on time.

What a fucking hypocrite!

"Hey, Hide...you good?"

I turned my wide eyes away from the students who seemed humoured by my merry performance to my lovely best friend sat a few chairs away from me and swallowed my laboured breaths.

"I'm going to pass out," I stated, stumbling into a seat next to her. Thankfully, my class had better things to do and turned their eyes away from me once I sat down.

"Yeah, you look like you're about too," she snorted. "What's with the rush? We don't have Priestley anymore remember? She's off on maternity leave,"

Unbelievable!

"Are you joking?" I groaned, resting my elbow on the table. "I ran like ten miles in five seconds to get here," Wait a fucking minute! That meant Chris knew she wasn't here today. Oh that naked little mole rat.

Rachel looked amused at my expense and I scowled at her. "Maybe if you hadn't missed almost all of last week Usain Bolt, you'd know we don't have Priestley," she then turned serious and I gulped. "Speaking of falling off the face of the earth, where the hell were you?"

I sheepishly grinned at her and backed away slightly. "Haha...it's actually a funny story,"

She crossed her arms and glared me down with her gorgeous blue eyes. "Oh, do tell, I've got plenty of time," I shouldn't have noticed how different they were to Double P's. The way his eyes turned lighter near the iris and the cerulean colour would remind me of a beach in Bali - snap out of it you horny woman!

I sighed.

There was no way I could tell her about that night. She'd (hypothetically) explode into a million pieces of human flesh and bones. Which would (also hypothetically) totally ruin my uniform and the polished floors, but mainly my uniform. Dry cleaning these days were a tad bit expensive and I was not going to dip into my savings anytime soon.

As I was saying...

Me telling Rachel about guns and Bentleys - oh and how could I forget - a certain Genovese mixed into the picture. Well...it was certainly all one Rachel explosion waiting to happen.

"I caught a really bad case of the flu," I lied. Even I internally cringed at my mouth vomit.

Rachel didn't believe me, I could tell. Props to her, if she didn't see through that lie she wouldn't be my best friend. "Like a really really bad flu. I couldn't move Rach, like my body was dead. I died. And then I had explosive diarrhea" - props to Chris for the idea -"and it just didn't seem like a good idea to come to school...ahaha..." I was smiling like a pedophile.