Chp 2

No ones perspective
-Mention of Blood and violence-

I saw the time and that the bell was gonna ring soon. I got out my wallet to see if I had enough money in case I encounter him. I count my money but I was short. "Only 32.." I mumble. I put the money in my pocket and my wallet in my backpack and get up, ready to run to my next class. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll run into Xingqiu or Chongyun, that's unlikely though.

Xiao must've saw me because after I stood up he did too. The bell rung and I ran to the classroom. It wasn't far from where we were but I can't wait right outside of the door. He would see me. Before I could make it, I hear someone shout my name. "Venti!" He shouts. I froze until I felt them yank the back collar of my shirt. He pushed me to the bathroom and slammed me into the wall.

No Ones Perspective

As Venti gets slammed into the wall he falls to the floor and whimpers. "Where is it Venti?" He says, voice filled with venom. "Here! It's all I have please let me go!" Venti cry's as he hands him the money. "Only $32!? I told you a billion times, you owe me 50!!" He screams at Venti. "I don't have the rest! Please Kaeya! Let me off this time!" Venti begs.

"I fucking warned you if you were short again." "PLEAS-" Venti gets cut of and Kaeya slams his foot in his chest. He does this repeatedly until he gets to his face. He then punches him repeatedly in the nose. Venti crys for mercy but to no appeal until finally Keaya leaves, giving him a warning if he were too come short again.

Venti stays sitting down on the floor crying, holding his hand to his nose praying it's not broken. Slowly he gets up to clean himself up. This was the worst punishment from Keaya he's gotten. Usually it's just in the stomach or his arms or legs but now he's got a bloody nose. Something more noticeable.

He shoves some paper towels in his nose to help stop the bleeding but to no avail. There's gonna be a bruise definitely. After some time he finally gets his nose to stop bleeding. The pain had gone down some as well. He checked the time, it had been 10 minutes since class had started. He didn't want to skip the class so he had to come up with an excuse. He already came up with one for his mom so he had to come up with one for class too.

As he was coming up with an excuse he looked up some broken nose symptoms to make sure it wasn't broken. 'Well, it's not crooked... and it stopped bleeding.. hopefully it's fine...' he convinced himself. He splashed come cold water in his face to clean it after all the crying. His eyes are still a little puffy but hopefully no one will question it.

He walked to his class and hesitantly knocked on the door. The teacher opened it shortly after and questioned why he was late. "Sorry there was a kid who needed some help... so I offered to help him.." He told her and put on a smile to convince her better. He remembered that the new kid was in his class and so he hopes she doesn't question it. "Okay just go sit down, I'll go mark you late." "Thank you.." He sighs, relieved. He sits down towards the back.

Xiao looks at Venti, noticing he looks different from before, and how he just puts his head down in the desk. He sees the messy braids that were neater before. 'What happened to him? Eh whatever, not like I care..' He thought, then puts his attention to the teacher. Or he tries, yet he can't stop think about what happened, he was curious. Maybe it's because it was the first person he met.

Once the bell rings he looks back towards Venti, seeing him still with his head down, probably sleeping. He looks around and sees all the other kids leaving and the teacher on her phone not paying attention, probably cause next is lunch so she isn't expecting anyone to come in.

He hesitantly decides to go up to the sleeping boy to wake him. He gets all his stuff together, but before waking him he goes up to the teacher to ask her a question.

"Excuse me miss, about the group project is it fine if I work with myself. I don't know anyone and would feel better working with myself." The teacher just glances at him and then back at her phone. "Sorry Xiao, but now that we have an even number of students you gotta find someone to work with. You could work with Venti, the late kid? He usually works by himself, smart kid, just doesn't have much friends." 'Out of everyone it has to be him.. fate hates me' He thinks as he pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs.

"You mean him, the one who's sleeping? Should I wake him up?" She looks up from her phone surprised. "Oh, yes. Please." He sighs again. "Alright." As he walks over there she calls for him again. "Explain to him what happened during class and the project, it's due Monday so you have tomorrow, Friday and the weekend. He usually doesn't sleep during class so I'll give him the exception." He just nods and walks over to the boy.

He taps him on the shoulder and shakes him a bit till he wakes up. Venti feels taping on his shoulder and flinches and gets up quickly. "Oh.. it's just you." He says relieved. That's when Xiao noticed his slightly puffy eyes and his bruised nose. "Yeah... the class ended about 5 minutes ago." Venti looks down. "Oh sorry. I'll grab my stuff and leave you alone." He looks back at him and smiles.

As they walk out the door Xiao starts a conversation, which startled Venti a bit, not expecting him to say anything. "Uh the teacher said I have to work on some project with you, it's uh.. due Monday." "Oh alright, we could work on it after school if that's fine with you, just so we can get it done quickly." Xiao nodded, trying his best to not question what the boy was doing before class. He didn't want him to think he had a soft side or something.

"That's fine lemme call my dad and tell him." Venti nodded. Xiao calls one of his dads and tells him about the project. "They wanna know if we're going to my house or not." Xiao told him. "I don't care, you choose." "Well go to my house then." Venti nods "Alright"

Published: December 4
Word-Count: 1160