Chapter 21 : Family Tragedy!

Three pairs of eyes snapped their attention to the old man who was still standing on the entrance of the room. It was really an unexpected question that was thrown by him.

Halilintar frowned at him, "Never heard of it."

The old man shut his lips as fast as a lightning struck down to the earth. He didn't mean to suddenly blurted out those question. Well, rice has become porridge, he couldn't take it back into his mouth.

"Grandpa! I thought that we would keep it as a secret from the outsiders!" Rama shouted.

The old man glared at him, telling Rama to stop shouting. He diverted his attention back to the two elementals.

"It was a really famous story to every aliens living here. If you are ever wondering about how can such an advanced planet like Umbra turned into a dying planet, this story will explain everything."

Spark of interest bloomed in Gempa's eyes as he beckoned the old man to continue.

"Long time ago..."

FLASHBACK~

"Papa!" A little girl ran excitedly while spreading her arms wide to the lone male standing on a wide grassy field.

"Careful, my little princess." The father caught his daughter and rose her up to the air. The girl giggled happily as she flapped her hands as if she was flying.

The sun shone down on them at an angel that made her arms were really looked like one pair of wings flapping behind her. Her eyes brightened immediately when she caught two people walking to them from distance.

"Mama! Brother! Look! Rona is flying!" She yelled as she spread her arms wider.

The father laughed at his daughter cheery voice. His eyes glinted with happines as he stared at his daughter smiling face. Seeing that sweet, innocent, and adorable face smiling without any burden caused his shoulders to relaxed slightly and a grin of his own to stretched on his lips.

"Father! Me too! I wanna fly high like Rona too!" Ronien rose his arms up in the air, a silent gesture for the father to also pick him up.

The father looked down and huffed an amused laugh. He put Rona on his shoulders and bent down to pick his eldest child to the sky.

Ronien giggled, "Woahaha! It's so high! I can see our village from here! Hahaha, I'm a superhero!"

"Yes, yes you are." The father said as they laughed together under the orange sky casted by the setting sun.

Watching such a sweet scene, the mother looked at their happy figures with unreadable gaze before smiling enigmatically.

But, like what people said, happines won't last long.

The siblings stood next to each other. Not caring to their surrounding as their only focused was to the figure covered in blanket from head to toes.

They were playing together in their room when they received such news from their neighbour.

"Ma'am! Mr.Redrick was found dead in the forest!" He shouted with despair clearly written on his face.

The mother only stood frozen on her place with straight face. Apparently, she was too surprised by the man sudden appearance on her house door rather than the news. She faintly heard the door to her children bedroom open and little footsteps ran to the entrance.

"Father.. is what...?" Ronien choked out.

The mother realized that her children heard the news brought by the man, so she quickly acted as if she was surprised. She widened her eyes as she covered her mouth with her hand. She purposedly made her legs looked numb and staggering as if it couldn't keep up with her weight and finally fell to the floor.