X. Trust

Lainey sat on the grass at Miyagi-Do stretching, when the gate opened. Eli entered, the bruise on his face looked worse than it did the night before, Lainey frowned when Eli approached her.

"What's up, princess?" Eli asked, concern lacing his tone as he sat beside her.

"Your face," Lainey explained as she brushed her fingers across the bruised area lightly, Eli seethed at the contact. "Sorry," Lainey whispered. "Do you want an ice pack?"

Eli shook his head. "It's fine."

"Sure looks like it," Lainey replied.

"Aw Lainey, don't be sarcastic," Eli mused.

"I was only offering to help." She shrugged it off, walking away.

"Hey," Eli said, dragging out the word as he approached her from behind, wrapping his arms around her, he picked her up.

"Eli!" Lainey screamed. "Put me down."

"Depends, are you going to stop being sarcastic?" he asked, as they ended up by the fence.

"Of course," Lainey replied with a laugh.

Eli put her down.

"You know," Eli started. "I'm surprised your dad hasn't got me painting the fence yet," he admitted as he grazed the fence with his fingers.

"That will come, I'm sure." Lainey grinned with a shrug. "I can always suggest it to him?"

Eli stopped what he was doing and leaned closer, placing both arms either side of her. Lainey was trapped between him and the fence.

"Please don't," Eli answered as he leaned in closer, staring into her eyes.

"Are you just going to stand there staring at me?" Lainey asked with a grin.

"What if I am?" Eli asked.

"I'll push you into the pond, good job it's not too far away."

Shaking his head, Eli kissed her. Lainey loved it when he kissed her.

"Don't tell me this is why you come here early?" a voice questioned.

Eli and Lainey stopped what they were doing, leaning against the fence Lainey's gaze was met with her dad's solemn glare.

"Are you going to answer me?" Daniel tutted.

"Uhhh, no. I came here to practice," Lainey nodded.

"Practice what? Making a move?"

Eli snickered, his face however told a different story. His cheeks were about the same colour as his hair. Lainey didn't get why he was so embarrassed, he caught them on the floor last time.

"Dad," Lainey whined. "Stop. I'm sorry you came in here and saw us kissing, alright? Is that what you want me to say?"

Daniel shook his head. "Well, you're old enough, just don't do that where someone might walk in, please."

"Sure dad," Lainey responded as he walked into the dojo.

Training came and went, the majority of people had left. It was just Sam, Robby, Eli and Lainey left.

Lainey sat on the wooden decking, jingling her car keys in her hands.

"Are you coming over?" Lainey asked.

Eli looked up at her from where he was kneeling on the grass, putting his jacket into his backpack.

"I have to help mom with the grocery shopping," Eli explained.