XIV. A Long Night

It had been over 24 hours since Daniel had embarrassed Lainey in front of her entire family. Sam and Robby had already left to go to Moon's party, she still didn't have her phone so couldn't contact anyone.

Lainey sat on her bed, reading over her diary which she admittedly hadn't touched for a while, last night she wrote in it again, complaining about her dad. She had to vent, and she had to do it somewhere.

Placing the diary into her dresser drawer, her door knocked lightly.

"Lainey," Amanda spoke. "Dad and I will be leaving now."

"Alright."

"Anthony is downstairs."

"Okay."

Amanda frowned. "Look honey, sorry you can't go out tonight, but you know your dad."

Lainey crossed her arms. "I don't get why you're going out with him mom. You're making him sleep on the couch for what he did, but you're still going out for your anniversary?"

"We made reservations."

"Yeah..." Lainey trailed.

"I know what your dad did was wrong, Lainey. He was so out of line, I think even he realises that too."

Lainey shrugged. "Well I'm still not talking to him."

Amanda nodded. "Understandable."

"After taking my phone yesterday, he took my laptop last night."

Amanda sighed. "That's just his way of getting things done."

"Well, he was out of order talking about Eli and I like that, in front of everyone too. He's so humiliating, mom."

"Eli kept texting you last night," Amanda admitted.

Lainey tilted her head.

"In the end your dad had to switch your phone off because the screen kept flashing in the night."

"Well, he is my boyfriend."

Amanda nodded. "Of course."

"And dad isn't doing anything to stop that."

"I know. He would never."

"Then why is this happening?"

"Your dad just has a short fuse."

Lainey laughed. "That's an understatement, mom." Lainey blinked. "Anyway, enjoy your night as much as you can with him."

"Bye sweetie, see you later."

Lainey watched as her parents left, she wandered across the hallway to Anthony's room where he was too busy playing one of his video games. It wasn't even 7pm and the boredom was taking over.

Heading downstairs, Lainey put the TV on. Flicking through the channels, nothing seemed to pique her interest. She was almost falling asleep, the choice was just that crappy.

"Lainey," Anthony spoke as he emerged from the hallway. "What's for food?"

Lainey shrugged. "What do you want?"

"How about a pizza?"

"I don't have my phone to order anything."

"Use the house phone."

"You."

Anthony scoffed. "You're supposed to be taking care of me, do you want dad to know how you're not taking care of me?" Anthony smirked.