LXXXIX. Write Our Own Stories

Eli did in fact spend the night at the LaRusso house and waking up beside Lainey put a smile on his face from the moment he'd woken up. He'd told her about Mike, sure she was understanding but she was more concerned about him stepping foot back into Cobra Kai. But at least he would be with her father, Johnny, Chozen - and for some reason, Amanda had decided to tag along.

Daniel and Amanda had decided to meet them outside the Cobra Kai Dojo after work. Chozen had gone somewhere for the day but told them he'd meet up with them, he always did.

Eli sat on the front porch of the LaRusso house with Lainey, the California sun beginning to slowly dip in the sky as he waited for Johnny to pick him up.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" Lainey asked.

"I'm sure, princess," he reassured her. "Besides, I need to do this myself. And, I don't want you stepping back in that place ever again."

Lainey nodded. "I'm proud of you."

"Why?"

"For doing this. It's a very brave thing to do," she explained as she leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

He smiled down at her, leaning closer until their lips connected.

"Hawk, get your ass in the car!"

They parted to see Johnny had parked up and they hadn't even heard him.

"Come on, kid! We're gonna do some asskicking, not facekissing!"

Eli nodded. "Yes, Sensei."

He chuckled lightly as he got into the Eagle Fang van.

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?" Johnny asked as he took a breath.

"Huh?"

"You two sucking each other's faces off like it's the end of the world."

Eli shrugged. "It was nothing."

"Your lady kissed you like that over nothing?" Johnny asked with a curled brow.

"She told me she was proud of me."

Johnny nodded. "Why?"

"For doing what I'm doing."

"I see." Johnny exhaled. "I can't really blame her, what you're doing is a brave thing. You don't have to do this, but here you are getting ready to go back into the place that almost destroyed you."

"Yeah..."

When Eli stepped foot back into that dojo, his entire body went cold. He wanted nothing more to do with the place.

He walked behind the adults, who had all arrived. Eli composed himself, hands sweaty as he stepped forwards to Terry Silver as Daniel and Johnny conversed with who Eli believed to be the Sekai Taikai board members.

"Moskowitz?" Silver cackled. "What an unwelcome surprise. Back for more?"

At the hearing of the name 'Moskowitz', Grace Tywell's head snapped around to face the boy who glared up at Terry Silver.

She knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't help but appreciate how hot he always looked. The way his sandy hair began to frame his face now it was growing out, the way his shirt hugged his muscles, and the pants? Don't get her started on the grey sweatpants. She took a breath, as though she wasn't in the middle of training, and as though she could stare at him all day long.

Truth being, she hadn't slept with anyone since their time together. And she wanted him - so badly. Knowing she couldn't have him was the biggest kick to the gut ever. For the first time in her life, she wasn't getting what she wanted handed to her and it irritated the living hell out of her. Even if she was sorry for everything that had gone on between her and Lainey. She was still allowed to look at him... Right?