LV. Brotherly Advice & Secret Letters

Eli stared up at his best friend in disbelief. The boy shook his head and ran a hand through his hair with a groan.

"What do you want me to say?" he sighed.

"I don't know Eli, maybe start with the truth?" Demetri suggested. "How come you broke up with Lainey?"

"She told you?"

"Yes she told me! I'm one of her best friends, just as I am yours. This is why I know you're full of shit!"

Eli scoffed. "Full of shit?"

"Yes Eli, you smell of it too! There's no way you would have broken up with her because you 'cannot handle her issues' I know it's all a load of bull. I know how much you love her, but tell me - what the hell did I just walk in on and why?"

Demetri frowned as tears formed in his best friend's eyes.

"Dem, I fucked up."

Demetri sighed and took a seat on the edge of his best friend's bed, he placed a comforting hand against his back.

"Come on, man. You can talk to me."

"I know."

"So tell me... Why Grace?"

Eli shrugged. "Honestly, I just wanted to forget about Lainey but I spent the entire time wishing it was her. I know that makes me such a prick, I shouldn't have done that to Grace–"

"She's no angel," Demetri explained. "Anyone can see how she fawned over you."

"Really?"

"Yes, man. Did you really not see it?"

Eli shook his head. "I thought she was being friendly."

"Friendly is an overstatement, my friend."

"Shit, Lainey was right... But the only reason I didn't notice was because I genuinely only love Lainey. I love her so much, I don't care about anyone else."

Eli sighed, tears rolled down his cheeks.

"She probably hates me and I don't blame her for it, I said some fucked up things to her, Demetri."

Demetri sighed and grabbed the shirt Grace tossed onto Eli's floor.

"You can always just apologise..."

Eli shook his head in defeat as Demetri opened Eli's closet to hang up the shirt.

"Trust me, I did this for her own good."

"Eli... What is this?"

Eli watched with wide eyes as Demetri held his new Cobra Kai gi in his hands.

Eli gulped as his friend stared at him.

"That's why I broke up with Lainey...."

"Wait what?"

"Did she tell you how Silver threatened her at the beginning of vacation?"

Demetri nodded. "But what's that got to do with you?"

"I made a deal with Silver, I am helping train his students for the summer... He wants me to rejoin permanently."

"Eli you can't. This is messed up, but it also explains why Grace is so comfortable around you."

"Man, I fucked up so bad."

Demetri watched as Eli got up, he walked towards his desk and shoved everything off it in a rage. He slammed his hands down onto the table and balled them into fists. He kept hitting the table, hard.