XLVII. Safe?

NOTE: This is my last update until I fully know what I'm working with for s5, enjoy! :)

-

"So..." Daniel trailed as he took a seat on the stool by the breakfast bar. "Do you and Eli have any plans today?" he asked his daughter, not wanting to think about what Anthony had mentioned minutes earlier.

Lainey shrugged. "Figured I'd take him to Smitty's Diner, if he wants to go."

She looked at her boyfriend who furrowed his eyebrows.

"Smitty's? Where's that?"

"You've never been?" Daniel asked.

Eli shook his head.

"Eli - you have to! The breakfast menu is to die for!" Daniel laughed.

"The burritos are sick!" Anthony chimed. "Hey - can I come?"

"No way Ant," Lainey responded - perhaps a little too quickly for her fathers liking.

"Why don't we all go?" Anthony suggested.

Lainey just wanted to spend some time with her boyfriend, and now her brother wanted a burrito so decided to try and change their plans.

"No, just let Lainey and Eli do their thing, alright?" Daniel explained. "They've had a tough couple of days.. Let them de-stress."

"They did enough of that last night..." Anthony replied.

"Anthony," Daniel warned. "Enough of that."

The boy shrugged. "But it's true."

Daniel sighed.

"I'm gonna get ready to go," Lainey explained as she grabbed Eli's hand. "It was nice to meet you Chozen," she continued with a smile as they exited the kitchen.

"Do I have any clothes here?" Eli asked.

"I hope so, otherwise you'll be wearing your Gi, or you'll have to borrow my dad's clothes."

Eli laughed. "I'm sure I have some shorts, and maybe I can steal back one of the shirts you stole from me?" he smirked.

Lainey hummed. "You can always go shirtless."

"People are having breakfast!"

"So...? What's food without a good view?"

Eli chuckled.

Lainey and Eli got dressed. Eli did end up stealing one of his grey shirts back from Lainey. He found another pair of shorts in the drawer Lainey kept for his things.

Lainey wore a crop top and a pair of sweatpants. She grabbed her denim jacket and car keys from downstairs.

"Lainey," Daniel's voice echoed through the house as he entered the hallway. "Are you okay to drive with your hand and all?"

"She did a lot worse last night I imagine," Anthony interjected. "From what I heard anyway."

"There's no way you heard us, we were in the sho–" Lainey nodded. "I see what this is, you're a little shit Anthony!"

Anthony smirked. "You more or less admitted to getting it on with Eli in the shower, dad's right there and Chozen is in the kitchen!"

Lainey looked at her dad. He shook his head and sighed.

"Lainey, can I talk to you please?"

Lainey gritted her teeth. How she wanted to punch Anthony.

"Fine dad."