LXXV. Anger

Lainey reached Miyagi-Do with a rush of anger still in her veins. She sat in her car and stared at the wooden gate on its latch.

Was she really ready to return after all that had happened? Yes.

She stepped out of her car and the gravel crushed underfoot as she made her way towards the wooden gate - her hand pressed against the wood and she took a breath, all the memories the place held for her made her so nostalgic. She pushed the gate open and walked in, a smile on her face as she saw everyone gathered around the sparring deck - at least they still used it.

Johnny was the one leading the lesson today. The sound of her fathers face made her turn her head, she saw Daniel exiting the building with... Robby.

Lainey scoffed at the sight of him. He stopped when he saw her. Daniel noticed the tense encounter and made his way down the wooden steps.

"Lainey, what are you doing here?" he asked his daughter, not decided on whether his tone was surprised or concerned to see his daughter back at the dojo after everything that had been going on.

"What's he doing here?" Lainey scoffed.

"He wants to be better."

"Better?" Lainey laughed. "Sure!"

"What did I ever do to you?" Robby asked defensively.

"Oh." Lainey sighed. "This is not about what you did to me, it's about what you did to my boyfriend."

"I'm sorry about—"

"Tell that to him," Lainey interjected.

"I'm sorry about the mohawk, okay?"

"It's not just that, it's about what it stood for."

Daniel touched his daughter's shoulder gently.

"Come on, Lainey. You're tense," he said softly.

"I'm fine."

As her father stepped away from his tensed up daughter, she balled her hand into a fist and before anyone could react - she had punched Robby in the face. The teen stumbled back with a groan as he held his face.

"What the hell!"

"That was for Eli," was all she stated with a deep exhalation. It was almost as if she'd waited for that moment. When she found out who attacked Eli at the tattoo parlour all those months ago, she wanted to retaliate. And today she did. She punched Robby Keene, and it felt great. Relief washed over her. But it still didn't change the fact that Eli was still in hospital... and it had nothing to do with Robby.

"Hey! LaRusso 2.0!"

Lainey scoffed at the sound of Johnny calling her by that nickname, she looked at Robby and gritted her teeth, but her expression soon softened.

"Looks like your daddy isn't too happy with what I just did, oh no..."

Sarcasm, something Lainey had evidently picked up from Demetri over the years.

Daniel stood in front of his daughter and pressed a hand against her shoulder once more.

"Lainey, take a breather."

"You and me need a little chat," Johnny stated as he approached the clearly angered teen as she folded her arms when she caught sight of him.

"Really?" asked Lainey. "But why? All I did was give him what he deserved, just like he said Eli deserved to have his head shaved," she explained as she turned back to Robby. "My dad told me that bs you spouted to him, you absolute tool!"

"Quiet!" Johnny boomed. "Serious, let's go inside. Now."

"You'd better go with Sensei Lawrence..." Daniel stated.