LXXXII. Take It Slow

Eli and Josie pulled up outside the LaRusso house and he couldn't help but feel nervous as his mom gripped at the wheel.

"What are you going to do?" Eli asked.

"Talk to Lainey's parents."

"About what?"

"I don't want to if I'm honest with you but, it's about the photos," she admitted.

"Her dad will never get over it." Eli took a breath. "Maybe just speak to Mrs L?" he suggested. "She's much more understanding when it comes to these kinds of things."

"She is?"

"Yeah, you should've seen the way Mr L acted when he caught me in bed with Lainey— You know what? Never-mind."

Josie curled an eyebrow at her son. "I suppose it would make sense to just talk to Amanda about it."

"I think it would be the right thing to do. But that's just me."

Josie nodded. "Sure. Do you think now is a good time?" she asked as she glanced at the clock on her dashboard.

"If you don't do it now, you never will."

Josie nodded. "Good point."

Eli and his mom headed to the LaRusso home. Josie rang the doorbell and waited a few moments until they were greeted by Amanda.

"Eli!" Amanda smiled. "Fancy seeing you here again." She laughed and looked at Josie. "With your mom... Is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine," Josie explained. "But I wanted to talk to you if that's okay?"

"Me?"

"Just you."

"Oh? I am intrigued!"

Eli cringed. "I'll just stay out here," he explained as he didn't want to involve himself in that conversation.

"Go up and see Lainey," Amanda said. "I'm sure she'll have a nice surprise."

Amanda laughed as she and Josie headed into the lounge, the soft click of the door behind them made him breathe a sigh of relief. But he had to get out of that hallway. He walked up the stairs and made his way to Lainey's room. He knocked the door softly and received no reply.

"Lainey?" he said softly as he pushed the door open.

She was sleeping, sprawled out on the bed with a book in her grasp. Eli smiled softly at the scene. He took the book out of her hand and smiled at it, she was reading 'Pride and Prejudice' - of course she was.

He grabbed the bookmark and placed it inside the book and put it onto her nightstand. As he leaned over to grab her blanket, she woke up. She stirred softly and her eyes opened.

"Eli?" she said tiredly.

"Hey, princess."

"What are you doing here?" she asked as he leaned forwards and placed a kiss against her temple.

"Wanted to see you."

"No, really."

Eli chuckled. "Am I that bad of a liar, princess?" he pouted.

"No - but I thought we weren't allowed to see each other."

"Well, my mom is downstairs talking to your mom."

Lainey sat up and groaned. "I have a bad feeling about this."

"It's about the photos."

"I figured as much. I'm so glad my dad isn't home right now..."