XCVII. Back To School

Hey, it's been over a month since I last updated and I'm so sorry.

Hope you enjoy & as always, I really value the feedback! <3

--

"Have you seen her?"

"She definitely looks bigger already."

"Oh my God, is it true?"

"I heard she fucked the entire karate team or whatever the hell you call it."

"She's such a slut."

Those were just a handful of the whisperings Lainey heard around the school corridors as she made her way back to school for the first day of the semester.

The first day.

And she was already in hell.

Eli was running late, so she made the dumb decision of being by herself. She walked through the corridors and to the lockers, as she did she felt a presence behind her. She turned around to be greeted by Tory.

"What the hell do you want?" Lainey snapped.

"So, he actually knocked you up, huh?" Tory asked.

Lainey didn't respond, instead she took a deep breath.

"I know you told everyone," Lainey replied. "What do you want? A medal for spreading shit?"

"It's not shit if it's true, LaRusso."

"Well, what the hell do you want?"

Tory pursed her lips. "I'll admit, I never thought you of all people would be the one to get pregnant at such a young age. But I guess that's what dick does to a woman, right?"

"It wasn't intentional!"

"So, you don't want the baby?" she asked with a head tilt.

"Don't twist my fucking words."

"Whatever you say, mommy."

Tory snickered as she walked away, leaving Lainey standing with her back against the lockers. Tears brimmed in her eyes as she noticed how every single person looked at her as they walked past. Groups of people together, whispering about her. She wasn't dumb. And it got to her. Of course it would. She was terrified enough as it was. But now this. The entire school was out to get her, they were all making fun of her — belittling her. Whispering about her.

She had never wanted her friends so badly right now, but they were nowhere to be seen.

Her bottom lip quivered as she tried to fight back the tears, but she couldn't do it. She gripped onto the strap of her backpack and rushed through the corridors ignoring the snickering and laughter that followed her.

"I heard they live together now, like two kids raising a baby. It's so fucking stupid! She can't even look after herself, she has so many mental health problems."

"That's what I heard too!"

"That poor kid."

She wanted to rush away from the negativity, from the noise. She wanted to leave so badly. As she came closer to the school exit, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Miss LaRusso, would you like to come with me?"

Lainey turned her head, through her tears she could just about make out Counsellor Blatt.

"S-Sure," she stuttered in response.

"Come on, honey. Let's get you a warm drink."

Lainey practically crumbled as they headed into Blatt's office. She sat down on the comfy chair in the corner and cried. At one point, Blatt thought she was having a panic attack, but it was just how heavily she cried.