LVI. You'd Get Your Knuckles Bloody For Me

PLEASE NOTE: This chapter implies mentions of sexual assault and drug abuse. If this makes you uncomfortable I suggest you skip this chapter - thank you!

A Week Later

Lainey sighed as she stared at herself in the mirror. She had to do what she could to occupy her mind, even if Eli flooded her every thought - waking and non waking, she had to try her hardest to not think about him.

"Is this too much?" she asked as she turned to her sister.

Sam laughed. "Lainey! Are you kidding me? You look amazing."

Lainey turned back to her mirror and observed her outfit she had thrown together for Moon's party. She wore a black cut out mini dress and her Doc Martens. The dress was cut out at her ribs. Her skin and most importantly, her tattoo was on show. She figured why not show off her tattoo? Her dad knew it existed and it was a permanent asset on her skin.

Her hair was styled as it usually was. Her curls that fell to her shoulders framed her face perfectly, and her ring in her nose that definitely enabled anyone to differentiate between Samantha and Lainey LaRusso. Yes, they were twins but their styles could not be further apart if they tried.

She applied some lipstick to finish her look and smiled.

"You look hot!" Sam giggled. "And your tattoo being on show? Hot!"

"My still sprained wrist? Not so hot."

Sam giggled at her sister's words. "At least it'll be healed soon. And at least the black wrist support matches your dress."

Lainey rolled her eyes at her sister's words. "Well, let's see what dad will say about the outfit choice."

"He's not here!" Sam laughed.

"Thank god for that."

"He's out with mom."

"Yeah, he'd definitely have told me to get changed so I'm glad he's not here."

Sam nodded with a giggle.

"What are you going to wear?" Lainey asked her sister.

"Is this okay?" Sam asked as she sat on Lainey's bed and held up her outfit of choice.

Sam showed her a pair of ripped jeans, brown boots and a floral blouse.

"Yes, I love that!"

"Thank you!"

"Well, you'd better get dressed. Moon doesn't like waiting!"

Sam and Lainey arrived at Moon's house together. The party seemed to be in full swing. Her large house buzzed with noise as they entered through the front door.

"I'm going to find Miguel, is that ok?" Sam asked her sister.

Lainey nodded. "Sure it is! I'm sure I'll find Demetri around here somewhere." She smiled in response.

"Ah, speak of the devil and he shall appear!" Sam giggled as she noticed Demetri wave in their direction and worm his way through the bodies of teenagers to reach them.

"Well hello!" he announced with a smile. He looked at Lainey. "How are you?" he asked with a sympathetic smile as he placed a gentle hand onto her shoulder.

"I'm fine." She nodded.

Hiding the fact that the words scraped at her throat and how she felt so empty without having him around her. His name wouldn't dare pass her lips for the fear of such a pain that would overtake her body.