XXXVI. Just Do It

Lainey walked into school the next day with Eli. She held his hand as they walked through the corridors together.

Demetri approached them with his iPad in his grasp.

"Hey! I found out who the guy at the dojo is!" he announced as he handed the device to Eli.

"Terry Silver," Eli said as he read the article. "Heard of him, princess?" Eli asked as he looked at Lainey.

"For some reason the name sounds familiar..." Lainey responded. "Maybe my dad mentioned him before?"

"He's some rich dude," Eli added as he read the article.

"But that doesn't explain what he's got to do with my dad?" Lainey mumbled. She couldn't quite remember that her dad had mentioned Terry Silver on Ei's first day at Miyagi-Do. "How did you find this anyway?" she continued as he turned to Demetri.

"I used face scanning technology," Demetri explained.

"Wait, what?"

"I took a photo of him."

"When?"

"At the dojo."

Lainey sniggered. "No way."

"Yep."

Lainey shook her head. "I can't believe you, Dem."

"I just cross referenced this online and found an old article, it's not that hard." Demetri shrugged.

"I love it when you talk nerdy," a voice announced.

Wide eyed, Lainey watched as Yasmine marched towards Demetri.

"You are the first, and my favourite person to say that!" Demetri giggled as Yasmine couldn't get any closer to him if she tried.

"Oh my god," Lainey whispered. "Do we look like that when we flirt?" she asked as she looked at Eli.

Eli shook his head, a laugh escaped his lips. "Probably, princess."

"Lord, no wonder Blatt told me to stop it yesterday."

Eli chuckled, he draped his arm over her shoulder.

"Well, I think it's cute." Eli grinned.

"You would," Lainey laughed.

"Save me a seat at lunch?" Yasmine asked as she grinned at Demetri.

"Sure."

"Specifically this one," she cackled as she smacked his butt.

Lainey turned to Eli, a laugh formed in her throat but she suppressed it.

"Wow," Eli laughed as he draped his arm over Demetri's shoulders. "She really likes you, Dem."

Demetri inhaled. "I hope so."

"No, she does," Lainey added. "For sure. That girl is in love with you."

Demetri grinned.
They headed towards their lockers and stopped when they noticed Sam and Miguel stood by Miguel's locker.

"What's up?" Eli asked as he walked towards them.

"Sensei got drunk and went on a Twitter rant."

"Wait, what?" Lainey laughed.

"Sensei Lawrence," Miguel explained.

"Well, I figured it wasn't my dad!" Lainey laughed. "But he did look like a wreck this morning..."

Sam nodded in agreement.

"I believe all of that except the part where he knows how to tweet," Demetri added.

Eli took the phone from Miguel and showed Lainey the tweet.