XI. Sunsets & Shower Mishaps

Lainey and Eli's cinema date the following day started off smoothly. It was the weekend which meant no training, which was always a good thing.

"What did you think of the movie?" Eli asked as they walked out of the screening, hand in hand.

"It was good," Lainey said as she wiped her eyes.

"Aw, I can't believe you cried." Eli stared down at her tear stained cheeks, his heart couldn't help but beat in his chest whenever he had a chance to simply admire her.

"I can't believe you didn't cry!" Lainey heckled. "Considering it was meant to be a rom-com, I was not expecting that."

Eli shrugged. "False advertising and all that," he joked with a wink.

Lainey nodded. "Mm maybe."

"Are you coming back to my place tonight?" Eli asked as he put their rubbish in the trash can.

"What?"

"You can stay over tonight," Eli suggested. "My mom is away."

Lainey's eyes widened. "You really think my dad would let me?" Lainey laughed. "Good one Eli."

As they continued walking, Lainey looked to Eli with a grin.

"Unless," Lainey trailed. "I tell him your mom is there and that I'll be staying in the spare room."

Eli smirked. "Princess, we don't have a spare room."

"What he doesn't know won't kill him."

Eli nodded. "Good thinking."

"Thank you, I'm here all week," Lainey joked. "I'll have to tell them when-"

Taking her phone from her pocket, Lainey collided with someone. She and the stranger fell to the floor.

"I'm so sorry," Lainey said as she stood up, soon regretting her words when she realised who was getting off the floor. Tory.

"Oh it's you." Tory sighed.

Lainey rolled her eyes. "Yes."

Tory turned to Eli. "Glad to see you found someone to go to the cinema with, even if it was your backup plan to go with someone else."

Lainey scoffed. "What did you just say?"

Tory hummed, she her arms as she stared back at Lainey. "Sloppy seconds and all that."

The smirk on Tory's face was unmistakable.

Eli sighed. "Tory, don't."

"Don't what, Eli?" she asked.

"Don't be a bitch," Lainey added.

Tory glared down at Lainey. "What was that, LaRusso?"

"You heard me," Lainey scowled in reply.

"It's not my fault you're second best, even your dad's dojo is second best to some people," Tory retorted, eyes wavering in Eli's direction before coldly staring into Lainey's eyes. "Anyway, gotta go, I'll be late for the movie."

Lainey's hands balled into fists. "Hey!"

"No you don't," Eli said as he pulled her back, preventing her from following Tory.

"No, Eli let go of me."

"Nope." He pulled Lainey towards him, she resisted and was beginning to cause a scene. "Oh my god," Eli struggled as he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her out of the cinema.

Lainey's red face watched as everyone stared at them in confusion as they left, when the cool outside air collided with her face, Eli placed her down, ensuring she was steady before letting go.