Narry - My little Girl

Niall’s POV

I sat slid down the door clutching the stick in my hand like my life depended on it. There was no way anyone is going to believe me. I didn’t believe it at first, but I have the symptoms.

 Flashback

“Harry” I yelled with my head buried within our recently filled fridge. A hand on my shoulder made me jump slamming my head against the top shelf. “Sorry babe, is everything ok?” I pouted, “We don’t have any feta.”

Harry frowned and closed the fridge behind me. “But you don’t like feta babe.” I stomped my foot in frustration, “I want feta.” He jumped at my sudden outburst, “I’ll go get some now then.” I sighed in annoyance, “Good” and stormed upstairs. 

 When Harry returned I curled against his chest shoveling fork full of feta into my mouth. He stared at me in amazement. We were watching Titanic and I suddenly burst out crying when Rose lets go of Jacks hand. Harry jumped in shock, I never cry watching Titanic. “Niall babe are you ok?” “DO I LOOK LIKE I’M OK!” I exclaimed and stormed upstairs,

My mood swings and strange food cravings seemed clearer. I stared at the white stick in my hands, two pink lines. I can see the headlines now, NIALL HORAN PREGNANT! This kind of stuff doesn’t happen to guys. Oh my Lord how am I meant to tell Harry?

He was with the rest of the lads shopping while I stayed at home claiming I wasn’t feeling well, which I wasn’t. Thankfully I haven’t got morning sickness or else it would be harder to hide.

 I heard the front door open, “Niall baby I’m home.” I froze in shock, he wasn’t meant to be home for another 2 hours. Quickly shoving the test in the bin I stood up just as Harry opened the door smiling.

“There you are babe. Are you feeling better?”I shrugged weakly and opened my arms for a hug. He grinned and pulled me into his chest. I rested my head against the crook of his neck and inhaled his sweet, musky scent.

 I felt Harry’s body stiffen, “Niall, what’s that?” I turned my face in horror to see him pointing at the tester. I swallowed harshly as Harry pulled away staring into my eyes. “Niall baby, tell me what’s going on.” I sighed and sat on the closed toilet seat and Hary sat between my legs holding the tester. “I… um… I” I stuttered trying to find the right words to say.

Harry sighed, “Niall just tell me this, are you cheating?” My eyes widened, “No of course not Haz.” He sighed with slight relief, “So this doesn’t belong to some tramp.” I swallowed, “It belongs to me.”

 His eye brows raised, “What? Why?” It’s now or never, “Haz, I’m pregnant.” I swear he stopped breathing. His face remain expressionless so I couldn’t tell what he was feeling or thinking. “Harry?” I whispered feeling scared of his reaction.

“You, you’re pregnant? Like carrying an actual baby?” He stuttered as his brows furrowed in confusion. I nodded and took his hands in mine, “Is it mine?” I smiled weakly, “Of course it is.”

 His face lit up, “So I’m going to be a daddy?” I smiled shakily, “Yea Haz, you’re a Daddy.” He jumped up clutching his curls, “We’re having a baby. Niall we’re going to parents.” He cried with such excitement pulling me to my feet crushing me in one of his famous hugs.

I felt tears stream down my face with relief, he wasn’t mad. He pulled me in for a hard kiss, “Niall I promise I will be here for you no matter what, for you and our baby” He said placing his large hands on my bare stomach.

8 months later

Harry’s POV

I watched in awe as my beautiful Niall landed heavily onto the couch between Liam and I with a grunt of annoyance. It was incredible to watch him grow and swell each week. Each week we had measure his growing bump against the back of our bedroom door.

 The lads had taken the news better than expected with Louis bursting into tears at the thought of being an Uncle. They were more than eager to help suffice Niall’s strange cravings from midnight trips to Shakeaway to pickle, cheese and jam sandwiches. Right now he was munching away on a box of popcorn coated with salt and vinegar.

 He looked absolutely adorable with his box resting lightly on his swollen stomach. The past month he had just swelled with such speed I thought he was going to explode.

It was impossible for me to get my arms around his waist which he wasn’t to happy about. He was in a lot of discomfort at the moment seeing the baby moved further down towards his hips preparing for birth.

 Of course Niall wouldn’t be delivering out baby naturally instead he was having a c-section in 5 days unless the little one decided he/she wants to come early. We decided against finding out the gender, we wanted it to be a surprise for everyone.

 Niall winced in pain catching my attention, “You alright Nialler?” He nodded weakly, “Baby’s kicking my bladder again.” I chuckled to myself and stood up, “I’ll help you upstairs.” He smiled gratefully, it was impossible for him to get himself out of chairs or to walk unaided up the stairs.

 I heled him to the bottom of the stairs until he bent over grabbing his swollen abdomen. “Strong kick?” He shook his head furiously, “I think it was just a Braxton hick,” He mumbled but then cried out in pain. I watched in amazement and horror as the inside of his jeans dampened. “Niall?” He looked up with fear filled eyes, “Haz my water just broke.”

Several hours later

 The horrid sound of screams filled the tense air of the operation theatre. Niall sighed with relief as our baby was finally removed from within him. I pulled my mask down and pressed a kiss to his forehead. “You did it Nialler, our baby is alive.” He was grinning like a little boy on Christmas morning. 9 months we’d been waiting for this baby that we’d fallen so desperately in love with.

 “Do you want to meet your little girl?” The nurse stood beside us holding a wriggling bundle of blankets. My eyes welled with tears, “It’s a girl?” She nodded and placed the blankets in Niall’s waiting arms. Our little girl, my daughter.

She wasn’t crying and had settled down so she wasn’t wriggling as much. Niall stared in awe, “Hello baby.” Her eyes fluttered open and I was stunned with her stunning bright blue eyes. I couldn’t hold back the tears as Niall kissed her tiny temple.

 “Do you have a name?” The Nurse asked returning with a clipboard. Niall looked up with unshed tears in his eyes, “Darcy, Darcy Grace Horan-Styles.” I smiled down at my family, my boyfriend and my daughter. Speaking of which…

 “Niall?” He turned to face me and I knelt down beside the bed. “Niall, my beautiful Niall. You’ve given me the most incredible 4 years of my life. And you’ve given me the most perfect daughter in the world. I can’t wait to spend my life raising her and maybe giving her siblings. Niall I love you and I want to send my life with you. So, will you marry me?”

I pulled out the ring from beneath the bed where the nurses said I could sit it. I opened the box to reveal a simple silver band with a thing band of shamrocks.

 Tears streamed down his smiling face. “Of course, yes definitely yes.” He stumbled over his words. I slipped the rings on his finger and kissed him. Darcy chose that moment to release a gurgle making Niall and I chuckle. “You just saw you daddy propose to me baby.” Niall whispered to our little girl.

This is my family; my fiancé and my daughter. Nothing could possibly bring me down.