Narry - Not all goes as planned

Harry's POV

"I'm bulletproof! nothing to lose! Far away, far away!" Louis screamed at the top of his lungs from the passenger seat of the van. Paul somehow managed to stay on the road ignoring the awful screeching escaping his lips. Zayn on the other hand wasn't so patient,

"For God's sake Lou shut up! I'm trying to sleep." I held back a giggle as i watched the Doncaster lad pulling faces at Zayn through the mirror. But they went unnoticed by the dozing Bradford boy. Liam chuckled and went back to typing on his laptop.

Niall squirmed uncomfortably beside trying to adjust himself so he could sleep. The poor Irishman was 7 months pregnant and struggling to sleep the night through seeing the baby was more active now. He groaned in discomfort and rested his head against my shoulder,

"2 months to go, 2 months until i can finally lie down in comfort." He whined punching my knee softly,

"Curse you Styles, you're lucky I love you."

During Niall's pregnancy he thankfully hadn't been moody, he was more affectionate and craved my touch constantly, always wanting to cuddle even though with his bump it was becoming increasingly hard.

A horn sounded from behind us earning a string of curses to fly from Paul's mouth.

"Everything alright Pauly?" He sighed heavily,

"Some people are really impatient tonight."

A fllury of horns sounded as Paul changed lanes. Maybe driving to Cheshire at night was a bad idea. Niall wanted to spend his last 2 months with my family and his family would fly over 2 weeks his due date.

"Boys hold on!" Paul yelled as he spun the wheel. There was a loud sound of an engine beside the car and then al i saw was the side of the car crumpling as another vehicle hit us. I ripped Niall's seatbelt out and pulled him onto m lap away from the door. Then everything went black.

When i opened my eyes all i could see was my mum and Maura seated beside my bed chatting quietly.

"Mumma?" Mums head snapped around so fast i swore i heard a crack.

"Oh Harry," She cried and threw herself at me sobbing violently. I wrapped my arms around her shaking body pressing my face into her hair.

"What happened?" She sniffled and pulled away sitting on the edge of the bed.

"A driver fell asleep at the wheel and the car swerved right into the side of your car. If you hadn't of pulled Niall from his seat he would have been killed. You were crushed by the car." Tears welled in my eyes,

"Is Niall ok?" Mum's smile waved and shrunk, i frowned,

"Is he alright?"  

i stood in front of the ICU room watching as Doctors unhooked Niall's wires to take him into theatre. Aparently a flying piece of metal hit him quite hard on the chest nearly hitting his bump. They were taking him away for an emergency c-section because our baby's heart beat was fading. Niall was still unconcious from the accident which was nearly a week ago.

Maura and I sat patiently in the waiing room, when i say patiently i mean Maura pacing the floor while i sat because my ribs were too bruised to pace.

"Maura i'm sure they'll be fine."

Yet again i was sitting in ICU, this time not for Niall, for my baby. His lungs weren't formed properly and his heart was damaged, they weren't sure if he was going to make it. Sadly i pushed myself up from the chair and made my way to Niall's room where the Irishman was sitting watching Spongebob, like usual.

"How is he?" His voice sounded so broken and sad. I sighed and sat beside my boyfriend,

"He's alright. His body isn't responding to the medication though." Niall nodded sadly and rested his head against my shoulder,

"He's just so small. I've never seen a baby that small." i nodded kissing his cheek while pressing back tears, i couldn't let Niall see my broken side. I had to be strong for him.

"When can we hold him?" niall's voice cracked as tears hit my shirt. i sniffled,

"I'm not sure, i'm not sure baby." Niall flung his arms around me and sobbed,

"Can we at least name him?" I nodded,

"Whatever you want Ni, you name him." He smiled up at me through his watery lashes,

"Luke Harrison Styles."

It took 3 weeks for Doctors to finally get Luke to a healthy balance, his weight was finally where it should be and his lungs were forming well. His heart on the other hand was weakened and developed a permanent heart condition. Despite everything, he survived. Our little miracle was a fighter.