Niam - Restless

~~~

This one is short and fluffy

~~~

Liam's POV

I glared at the moving skin of my stomach. My 7 month old unborn baby had decided that 12am would be an ideal time to start practicin for the 2016 Olympics. It was now 2am and my insides had had enough of our gymnist baby. I ached and ached and was desperate for sleep. 

I rolled onto my left but clearly the baby didn't like that, demonstrating with a nasty kick to my ribs. I hissed in my and patted my stomach,

"Jesus calm down, i just want to sleep." 

 Alas, the baby decided against letting me sleep as he or she began practing cartwheels. I huffed in annoyance and spared a glance at my husband.

Niall was sleepin peacefully beside me, his face buried in his pillow. Soft snore flowed from his mouth as he slept with ease. I envied him, so much. It was all his fault, not bein careful and such.

He knew there was a chance i could get pregnant. But no, he 'forgot'. My pregnancy hormones were running amuck inside my own head as well.

I shook my head hopin to rid the voices, only succeeding to wake Niall and hype up the baby. 

"Liam?" He mumbled sleepily. His face printed with crease lines from his pillow. 

"Watcha doin up? Is it too warm for you?" My heart melted at his concern.

"No, our baby is practicing for the olympics. My liver, kidneys, bladder and spleen can all agree they're going for gold." He giggled softly before leaning forward and over my protruding bump.

"Hey baby, its your papa. I need you to do something for me, can you do that? I need you to put off your Olympic training for another few months. You need to save all your energy to grow big and strong like your Daddy. But your Daddy needs to sleep so he can be strong. Can you be still and go to sleep for Papa?" 

Instantly the baby stopped moving and i sighed with agonised relief.

"Oh my God thank you so much!" He grinned kissing my belly button,

"Thanks baby." As if on queue the little devil kicked right below Niall's lips as if to agree. 

"How long as the little one been up for?" I glanced at the clock.

"Nearly 3 hours." He shook his head,

"Next time, wake me up."

He lay back down pullin me against his side, my bump against his stomach and leg thrown over his hip to keep the baby off my bladder. 

That was the last of my restless nights, for that child anyway. 

That baby, Maura-Jade Horan went on to win gold in gymnastics at the 2036 Olympics in Berlin at age 23. 

~~~