Niam - My little puppy (Hybrid)

Niall's POV

i watched my beloved husband waddle around the living room cleaning up as much as he could before needing to take a seat. His tail was sitting between his knees barely moving unless it was bumped. He wasn't in the mood to do anything but sleep or cuddle at the moment.

He had just hit his 38th week of pregnancy and he wasn' handling it very well. We hadn't left the house together for nearly 6 months and the pres were getting a bit nosey. One pap sat outside our bedroom window for 7 hours hoping to get a glimpse of Liam's swollen bump and tail and ears, not that the public knew that that was the reason we were secretive.

"Ni baby can you please help me?" He pouted and tossed a red solo cup at my head. I swiftly ducked and tossed my now empty crisp packet into the trash bag he was holding. "Please Ni! I don't want my Mother to think we live in a pig sty." I chuckled and stood up, "Fine i'll help." He grinned with sucess and passed me a broom.

It took us a long time to clean seeing Li had to stop to catch his breath. Being pretty much full term in the middle of summer isn't fun for either of us. Thank the Lord for air conditioning.

Liam's parents were coming to stay with us for the next 2 weeks to help us get ready for our addition to the family. We were both terrified but so excited. I couldn't wait to meet my little baby. We had chosen against knowing the gender, Liam always wanted it to be a surprise.

it took us several hours to get our house fully cleaned. We landed heavily on the sofa exhausted and in need of sleep. A sharp knock on the door earned groans from us both. "They're here early," Liam whined and rubbed his protruding bump.

I walked over to the door and opened it to see my parents in-law grinning madly, "Nialler!" Karen squealed and pulled me in for a massive hug. I grinned and huggd her back. She pulled back and gasped as Liam appeared beside me, "Oh Liam baby." Geoff leant forward and shook my hand, "Always a please Niall." I nodded with a smile, "You too Geoff."

The 4 of us sat in the longue for several hours just talking and catching up. Every now and then Karen would make a comment about how we wouldn't be able to do a certain thing once the baby was born like parying with the lads or drinking or anything fun.

At about 11pm Liam starting feeling quite ill an went up to bed claiming he was exhausted. Karen, Geoff and I stayed in the living room talking about what we had planned for baby names.

"If its a girl we were thinking Ashley or Amanda and if its a boy we're thinking James or Nicholas." Karen beamed, "They sound perfect! Liam always a son named James, ever since he was a lad." I grinned "Its one of the main things we have in common, our middle names." "And last names," Geoff piped up from his position on the beanbag. Odd man, always insisted on the bean bags instead of the sofas.

The 3 of us split at around 1am claiming we were dead tired and followed Liams lead. I snuck into our room to see Liam sitting up talking to someone on the laptop, "Hey love" He jumped and smiled sheepishly. "Who you talking to?" He turned the laptop around to show Larry Stylinson cuddled together on what looked like their bed.

The happy duo got hitched several months before Liam and i did and had adopted a little boy from Ghana named Israel he was the beautiful 3 month old boy i had ever laid eyes on. Zayn married his long term girlfriend Perrie Edwards a few months ago and are happy together without children yet.

"Hey there Nialler!! Kepp an eye on this one here! Ya baby is kicking like hell apparently," Harry grinned pulled the duvet closer to his chin. I grinned and sat beside Liam, "We should get some sleep, who knows what time your Mum will wake us up tomorrow." Li nodded grinned at the hald asleep due on the screen, "Adios bitches" He said and logged off. I giggled, hormonal Liam was hilarious.

Li's ears were hidden until his now curly hair, "You ok Li? Where are your ears?" His smile disappeared, "I, um, i was in quite a bit of discomfort so they disappeared." I frowned and kissed him lightly on the lips, "I love you Li. You tell me if anything is happening so i can get you to the hospital if its anthin major." He nodded and lay down, hormonal Liam = sleepy Liam.

Several hours later i was shaken awake by a frantic Karen. I groaned and sat up noticing Liam wasn't there. "Karen? What's up?" She grinned madly, "Liam went in labour!" My eyes widened and i shot up from the bed, "Where is he?" She giggled, "Downstairs. He came down to get a drink and his water broke. He came and woke me because he didn't trust walking up the stairs." i nodded and dashed out and down the stairs where Geoff was sitting calming down a grinning Liam.

We managed to get to the hospital and Li was taken straight into the delivery room. I wasn't allowed in because of a last minute change so he would be having a c-section. He made it clear that he didn't want me fainting at the side of his insides so i sat in the waiting room with Karen and a now asleep Geoff.

2 hours later a tired looking nurse appeared with a smile, "Niall Horan." I jumped from my seat shortly followed by Karen. "Niall, would you like to meet your son?" My hands flew to my mouth as i teared up. Karen grabbed my arm and began sobbing with joy. I followed the nurse with Karen still attached to my arm into a room where Liam was staring at the ceiling. "He's still a bit drugged up, i'm warning you."

"Niall baby!!" Liam slurred as i walked over. I grinned and kissed his forehead, "Hey babe, i'm so proud of you." He smiled goofily and looked over at the door as the nurse entered holding a small bundle of body. "Niall and Liam, meet your little boy." Liam sobbed as the nurse passed me the little body.

He was wearing a small white onesie, i fell in love instantly. His eyes futtered open to show the gorgeous blue orbs hidden within. What surprised me more was the small tail peeking out through his onesie and the small ears forming on his small head. He was a hybrid, like his Daddy. He had Liam's nose and my lips, he was perfect.

"James." Liam murmed as i sat beside him. I smiled, "James Alexander Horan-Payne." My little puppy.