Ziam - Not knowing

Liam's POV 

I paced the waiting room anxiously waiting to hear any news, whether good or bad. Anything would be better than sitting here not knowing what was going on behind those sterile doors. Harry, Niall and Louis sat anxiously in the uncomfortable waiting room seats, just as terrified as I was.

Zayn had gone into labour late last night after a video conference with management. Doctors was blaming stress from our heated conversation with our tour manager, sending Zayn into early labour. He wasn't due for another 2 months.

Being only 7 months pregnant he was taken straight into theatre for c section but I was allowed entry because of health and safety or something. I was too busy trying to get my head around the fact that my husband was having our baby and I couldn't be there to experience it.

That was nearly 3 hours ago and no one had told us anything. The poor girl at reception didn't know anything so she couldn't help us, even though she tried.

A frantic beeping noise filled the air making all heads snap up. 3 nurses rushed past me and into the operation room. My heart sunk and a sob escaped my lips.  

"Liam don't you dare cry." Harry commanded and slipped his arms around my waist, 

"We don't know what is happening so there is no point crying for something that hasn't happened." I nodded stiffly and lent my head against his neck. Harry and I had grown closer since Zayn and I got married, we learnt a lot about each other as we went through the same thing. Harry and Niall had gotten engaged around the same time Zayn and I did s we spent a lot of time together while Niall and Zayn nicked off somewhere.

Louis spent a lot of his time at home with Eleanor. Th pair had gotten married a year ago and recently had their first child while consumed a lot of Louis' time and energy. He still managed to rush to the hospital at 1am to make sure his best friends were alright. El had come to but headed home with their little son Isaac Tomlinson after he started getting restless.

Everything went quiet behind the doors, I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

15 minutes later a tired looking doctor walked through the doors, eyes searching the room.  

"Liam Payne?" I rushed to his side with a hope filled heart. But the look in the doctors eyes told me otherwise. 

"Liam you have a baby girl," I sucked in a breath of relief and fell back into Niall's arms, 

"Congrats daddy Payne," he whispered into my ear.

"How is Zayn?" My eyes snapped open as Louis asked the question that was on all of our minds. The doctors eyes hardened,  

"His heart stopped several times during the procedure, he died many times but we managed to get alive with the help of a breathing machine. He is in a coma for the time being. Whether or not he wakes up, we don't know but we're trying everything we can."

That's when everything went black.

There is honestly no better feeling than holding your child for the first time. I sat in the nursery as the midwife placed my daughter into my arms. Her shining brown eyes melted my heart instantly,

"She's gorgeous, just like her father." I looked up to see my Mother standing their beside Zayn's mother. Tears slipped from eyes as the two proud grandmothers stepped forward and kissed my forehead.

"How are you Li?" My mother's voice filled with concern, i gulped.

"I'm alright i just wish we knew more about what is going on." They both nodded and began cooing over the angel lying in my arms.

"What are you going to name her?" I shrugged,

"Emmaline, Emmaline Rose Malik."

6 months later and i had lost hope that my Zayn would ever wake up. One Direction split up but we stayed best friends, we didn't record any new music or do any tours, we couldn't without Zayn.

Then he left us, 8 month after Emmaline was born.

I came to visit him after a session with management and he was gone. None of the doctos had noticed he had flat lined, leaving behind a husband and a daughter. Gone.

Zayn Jawaard Malik

1993 - 2015