Chapter 3

Madelyn went to a party that summer of 2005. Michael happened to be there and they got drunk together. He had given her something that made her head spin. She couldn't remember the last time that she didn't have a worry in the world. She woke up next to him the next morning. He smirked at her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like my head is in a fog," she replied.

"That will go away with time."

"What did you give me?"

"Ecstasy."

Madelyn nodded. He smiled and leaned over to kiss her. She moaned against him, feeling the drug in her system still. Being with Michael was something that she thought she wanted. That became a huge mistake. Michael just wanted to party all the time. They were at parties every single weekend. She was struggling to keep it together with work but was doing her best.

"Come on babe," he said.

They were headed to a party. She followed Michael in the door. He smirked at her. She sighed. She only kind of liked him anymore. He was into things that she didn't really want to do. He smiled as he saw a few of his friends. One of his boys had showed interest in Madelyn and he wanted to see how far Madelyn would go.

"Hey, my friend Corey wants to hang out with us, you good with that?" he asked.

She nodded. His smile got wider. She didn't know what she was getting into but they were partying pretty hard. Michael handed her a pill and she swallowed it without questioning what it was. She just didn't care what it was. She wanted to feel numb and that's exactly what this pill did for her. She was half out of it when Corey joined them in a bedroom in the house. She didn't even question it when his hands began to roam across her body. She was used to this type of behavior from men by now. It was just one more person who wanted to use her. She had been spending every single weekend in a stupor

Madelyn had begun dating Corey after the third encounter between her, Michael, and him. He had promised her that he could treat her better than Michael was. She thought Corey loved her. She moved into his apartment as soon as she turned 19 because she had gotten evicted from her crappy little apartment. Corey made her feel good. He would give her whatever she wanted, and the drugs had taken a big hold on her. She graduated and walked at graduation higher than a kite. It was incredible that no one noticed and if they did, they remained quiet about it.

"Madelyn, get your ass in here," Corey called.

She stumbled into the living room. Corey had insisted on their place being spotless. He looked at her and then at the stuff on the table. She could barely focus on what he was looking at. He slapped her. She was now 20 years old. She was stunned that he would hit her. She stared at him.

"You are completely worthless. No more goodies for you until you get your shit together and make this up to me," he said.

"Corey," she sniffed, throwing herself at him.

"What are you gonna do for me?"

She stared at him for a moment, not sure what he meant. He gestured to his manhood.

"On your knees, baby girl," he said.

"Corey, please?" she asked.

"I mean you can just hit the streets,"

She shook her head and immediately dropped to her knees. He watched her as she unbuckled his belt and lowered his pants. He put his hand on the back of her head and roughly thrust into her mouth. She gagged as he hit the back of her throat. He didn't let up until she threw up on him. Then he threw her to the floor and stomped away from her. She lay on the living room floor too scared to move and tears rolling down her face. She heard the shower come on and quickly got up to clean up the mess. It was completely clean by the time that he came out of the bathroom. He glared at her.