Chapter 36

*February 14, 2014*

Marshall was up first that morning. He got ready to head to the venue. He gently woke his wife once their breakfast had arrived. She yawned and stretched.

"Breakfast is here," he said.

"Thanks," she replied.

She got up and pulled on clothes for the day. He shook his head when he realized that she had pulled on an Eminem hoodie. They ate breakfast. She then pulled her hair up into a high ponytail. They had to head out to the venue. She sat on the edge of the stage while he did soundcheck. The first six shows would be happening. He had two listed for July in London. He was worried about those ones because he knew how they were.

She stood back while he had to do a VIP meet and greet. He hated having to do them, but she wasn't far from the area that he had to do it in. Madelyn watched him as he greeted fans and took photos. He signed autographs and gave out hugs. He was respectful to the thought that his wife was in the room. She was thankful for that. He glanced over at her as the last fan walked away from the table and noticed that she wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. The fans were all out of the room and everyone in the room knew that they were married so he didn't hesitate. He walked over and pulled Madelyn into his arms. She smiled as she looked back over her shoulder at him.

"Hi handsome," she said.

"How you doing beautiful?" he asked.

"I'm good. You have fun with your fans?"

He shrugged.

"It's cool meeting fans, but I'm glad I got you to come home to," he said.

She grinned a little more. He loved that he could be the one to bring that smile to her face.

"Ready to head back to the room?" he asked.

"As long as there is food involved, I'm down," she chuckled.

"Sounds good to me."

"Yeah?"

He nodded. They headed out of the room. There were still some fans lingering in the hallway which led Madelyn to drop his hand. He was feeling frustrated with it, but he knew where she was coming from. They got into the back of the SUV and were taken to the hotel. Marshall pulled her close to his side in the back of the vehicle. She leaned on his shoulder.

"You ok?" she asked.

"I am, but I wish we could tell people about us," he said.

"Why?"

"Because it bothers me when you stop touching me because of fans or people who don't know about us."

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize that it bothered you."

"Madelyn, you're my wife. I want you happy and I will do whatever that takes, but yes it bothers me when you drop my hand because of other people. I don't care who knows about us. I just want you."

Madelyn lightly bit her lower lip as she listened to him. He moved slightly to look at her face to see what she was feeling. Her eyes instantly dropped to her feet.

"Baby, listen to me, it's all right. I understand that you don't want the spotlight. I respect that completely. I just want you to be comfortable with me," he said, gently.

"I am comfortable with you, I just don't feel comfortable with your fans right now," she replied, softly.

"No one is going to come between us. I promise."

"I know that Marshall. I just don't want anyone making money off of our story before we want it out there."

"Babe, I could put it out there tomorrow and be fine."

She sighed.

"I know that you aren't ok with that and that's ok," he said.

She nodded. They pulled up to the hotel. They went up to their suite. He ordered room service for them. She found them a movie to watch. They were going to relax for the evening. He had ordered steaks to the room. He went to change into comfortable clothes. She snuggled into his side after he came out of the bedroom. He smiled and kissed her forehead. It was a few moments later that there was a knock on their door. Marshall got up to open it and get their food. Madelyn watched him as he set it down at the table in their room. She smiled.

"Ready to eat?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready," she said.

"Good, come on. Sooner we eat, then the sooner I can have my way with you."

She laughed as she walked over to him. He had set everything down on the table. They ate their food. He did just that after they were done. He was glad that she was on birth control so he didn't have to wear a condom. He was able to take his time with her and make sure that she was loved. She lay in his arms afterward and slowly fell asleep. She was worn out. He lay there next to her and stared up at the ceiling. He wondered what would happen if she did get pregnant. She knew that he didn't want any more children. She seemed to be ok with that, but he wondered.