Chapter 35

*February 10, 2014*

Madelyn had them both packed up at home. A driver was going to take them to the airport for the flight to New Zealand. Marshall had gone to the studio to deal with some last minute details with Paul for the tour. She was ready when the driver arrived. Marshall was going to meet her at the airport.

"Mrs. Mathers," the driver smiled.

"Good morning, Eric," she said.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah,"

He helped carry the bags out to the vehicle. She had her own security guard this time so that Marshall didn't have to worry about her. She smiled. The security guard, Trey, met her at the airport as well. They were flying in a private jet to New Zealand. Marshall arrived with Paul. Madelyn was already on the plane. Marshall walked up the steps and smiled when he saw his wife.

"Hey beautiful," he said.

"Hi handsome," she replied.

"Everything go ok?"

"I think so."

He nodded. He glanced at Trey who nodded. Madelyn leaned back in her seat. Marshall took the seat next to her. He leaned over to kiss her. She smiled and raised her hand to the side of his face. He put his hand on hers.

"I missed you today," he said.

"Yeah?" she asked.

He leaned back in his seat, not dropping her hand.

"I always miss you," he said.

"I'm sorry," she replied.

"I know, but it's all good. You're here now."

She chuckled. The flight attendant came back to check on them. Marshall ignored her obviously flirting with him. Madelyn looked at her husband. Marshall's attention was on Madelyn. He didn't want a repeat of his last tour with Madelyn, but he knew at some point it was inevitable because the fans could be kind of crazy. He wanted to make sure that she knew what she was in for.

"Marshall," she said.

"What?" he asked.

"We will be all right,"

"Think so?"

"Yeah, I know so."

He nodded. She knew that they would be dealing with a lot but she had some confidence in them now. He smiled and squeezed her hand. They were able to enjoy the flight. Once they were in the air, Marshall led her back to one of the couches. They snuggled up together and watched a movie. He held her when she fell asleep in his arms.

"She's a good girl," Paul said.

Marshall nodded.

"I just don't know how she's going to handle this tour," he said.

"We'll be fine. Just don't go booking her any flights," Marshall said.

Paul chuckled. Marshall shook his head. He wasn't about to go through that whole mess again with her. He looked down at her. She was peaceful in his arms. She slept majority of the flight. He was glad because he had plans for her when they landed. They had almost a full day flight plan with a stop for fuel. Madelyn woke after a few hours. Marshall looked at her. She smiled at him.

"Sleep well beautiful?" he asked.

She nodded. He smiled and pulled her into a kiss. She grinned.

"Hungry?" the stewardess asked them.

Madelyn nodded. They were brought food. Madelyn was surprised. When they finally landed to go to their hotel, Madelyn was exhausted. Marshall was tired too. He wanted to go straight to the hotel and sleep. They were taken to the hotel. Madelyn followed Marshall up to the room. He collapsed on the bed and held a hand out to her. She took it and allowed him to pull her down on the bed next to him.

"I'm so tired," he said.

"Me too," she agreed.

"Let's sleep,"

"We need to eat, babe,"

He nodded, knowing that she was right. He yawned but quickly ordered room service for them both. She went to get a shower so that she was clean before they went to sleep. Their food had arrived by the time that she came out wrapped in a towel. He raised his eyebrows at her. She chuckled. He smiled. They ate their food and he went to get a shower. She was laying under the covers when he came out. She was almost asleep. He dried off and got in bed next to her. He pulled her close to him. She yawned.

"Go to sleep babe," he said.

She nodded. He fell asleep with his arm wrapped around her waist. She was content and was asleep quickly. She knew they had a busy schedule the next few days before the concert. It was nice to relax just the two of them before the chaos.