Chapter 6

Madelyn found an apartment and she loved it. She was able to take her niece when Nate and Ashley asked her to. It was quite peaceful for her. She furnished it slowly and made it her own as she found out more about herself.

"Hey Mads, can you watch Audri tonight?" Ashley asked her in 2010.

"Yeah sure," Madelyn replied.

She loved having time with the little girl.

"Great, Nate and I want to head out tonight for some party his brother has going on," Ashley said.

Madelyn nodded. She had no problem having the little girl overnight. She loved having her. The next day, Ashley came to get her. She sat at the breakfast bar watching Madelyn in the kitchen for a moment. Madelyn looked over at her.

"What's up?" she asked.

"I was just thinking, you and Marshall would be perfect for each other," Ashley said.

Madelyn laughed at her and shook her head.

"Not gonna happen. I am not about to go try to hook up with your brother-in-law," she said.

"It would be perfect and then we would really all be family," Ashley said.

"Whatever, you are crazy as hell."

"That may be but I know I'm right. I was thinking about it last night. He hasn't really been out with anyone serious since he split with his ex-wife a few years back."

"Ash, I really don't have the energy for another guy to be the way that Corey, Michael, Marcus, and the others all were."

"They aren't all like that. Look at Nate. He's not like that. So not all guys are like that."

"Nate is an anomaly."

Ashley laughed.

"Far from it. He's a good guy and guess who taught him how to be that guy. Marshall did," she said.

"Ashley, I'm not meeting him. That's final."

Ashley made a face at her. She took her daughter home to talk to Nate. He had to have a thought on this whole thing. She was convinced that Marshall and Madelyn would be perfect together. It was just what they both needed to heal from the bullshit that they had gone through in life. She was certain of it.

"Hey Nate," she said walking through their door.

"What's up babe?" he asked.

"I want to get Marshall and Madelyn together. I think they would be perfect for each other and they could heal each other."

"Ash, I ain't trying to meddle in my brother's love life. He attracts crazy. I mean that's obvious with Kim, Mariah, Brittany, Kim again,"

"But that's just it. If he meets Madelyn, we already know how she is. I think she'd be good for him."

"Ashley, I love you but we can't stick our nose in things like this."