Chapter 14

*November 2012*

Madelyn was going with him to the concert. They were flying out on the 2nd and the concert was on the 4th. He would be there until the 7th for various things and then they would return home. She knew that her job was getting sick of her taking off work, but she wanted to be with him. She felt as though she could always find another job. She had plenty of vacation time saved up anyway so she wasn't too worried about it.

They boarded the plane on November 2, 2012. He had her sit next to him. The flight attendant stared at him. He didn't normally bring females on board the plane with him. He was being extra attentive to Madelyn which threw the staff off. They weren't used to that. She settled into the seat next to him. He kissed her cheek. He wanted to make sure that she was content.

"Marshall, I'm fine," she laughed.

"Look, I want my girl taken care of," he replied.

"I appreciate that, but I'm fine, I promise."

He nodded and took his seat next to her. They were in the air shortly on their way to Abu Dhabi for the week. He wanted to make sure that they had a bit of time free so they could enjoy the area. She fell asleep on his shoulder during the flight. He rested his cheek against her head to try to get some sleep himself.

"Mr. Mathers," the flight attendant woke him.

He opened his eyes and stared at her.

"Just wanted to make sure that you knew that the couch has been turned into a bed for you," she said.

"Thanks," he replied.

"Do you need anything else?"

"No, I'm gonna move my girl back there and go to sleep with her."

The woman nodded. Marshall stood up and gently lifted Madelyn. She remained asleep as he carried her back to the bed that was now where the couch had been. He lay her down and lay down next to her. She snuggled into his side.

"Goodnight beautiful," he whispered in her ear.

He held her close and closed his eyes again. He was tired. It was nice to be able to sleep next to her. They were both woken up in time to eat something before they landed. It was a long flight but they were making it. Madelyn looked at Marshall as she sat up.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"You moved us here?" she asked him.

"Yeah, figured you would sleep better."

"Thank you,"

He nodded. She got up with the care kit they had been given to go brush her teeth. She made it back to her seat in time for food to be placed in front of them. Marshall went after they ate to brush his teeth. She sat in the seat waiting on him to come back. Paul took his seat while he was gone.

"You ready for this?" he asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she replied.

"You really won't let him come clean about the two of you?"

"Nope."