Chapter 18

*New Year's Eve*

Marshall had been invited to a party at Dre's place. He was taking Madelyn with him because he wanted her near him for the night. They had flown out and gotten a hotel suite. Marshall wanted Madelyn and Dre to meet. She was nervous about meeting anyone. She had met his local friends at the studio, but never anyone else. He smiled at her. She was worried about it.

"What's wrong?" he asked, seeing the worry on her face.

"What if your friends don't like me?" she asked him, sitting on the bed.

"What's not to like, you are perfect,"

"Marshall."

"Mads, they are going to love you. It's going to be fine. I promise."

"I hope so."

He pulled her up from the bed and wrapped his arms around her. He pressed a kiss to her lips and smiled.

"They're going to love you," he said.

"You think so?" she asked.

"I know so. You are gorgeous and all mine."

She chuckled and put her arms around his neck. He gently rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

"You ready?" he asked.

"As ready as I am going to be," she said.

"Let's go."

They headed out to the house. Marshall kept Madelyn close to him. They walked into Dre's place. Marshall's arm was around her waist. She glanced at him. He looked like a man on a mission as they went into the house. He went directly to Dre.

"Bruh, you actually showed up," Dre was shocked.

"Yeah, figured why not," Marshall chuckled.

Dre looked at the girl that was standing next to his friend.

"Who is this lovely lady?" he asked.

"This is Madelyn Jaycobs. Mads, this is Dre," Marshall said.

"Has the great Marshall Mathers been tamed?"

"Yeah, he has actually. This is the real deal at the moment."

Madelyn's smile fell with his statement. Dre was watching her. She looked away from Marshall and at the rest of the people mingling around for the party. Marshall didn't even notice her change in demeanor. That worried Dre a bit as he watched the couple. Madelyn excused herself to use the restroom. Dre told her how to get there and she stepped away. He looked at Marshall.

"You do realize that you just hurt her, right?" Dre asked.

"What do you mean?" Marshall asked him.

"The real deal at the moment?"

Marshall shrugged. Dre shook his head. He didn't think that his friend had actually understood what he had just done when it came to his girl. Marshall went to wander around the house and greet people. His aggravation level raised as he saw his girl talking to a few people and realized that Benzino was one of them. He looked at Madelyn. She looked uncomfortable. He moved over to her and caught the glare that Benzino shot him.