Chapter 25

AN: You may all hate me for this chapter and think that Madelyn is a pushover but if you have already ready Fantasy Life Made Normal, you know what happens here. This is a female who has been abused and basically starved for love and someone to love her for her entire life. If you don't like it, don't read it. 

                He was on his way to the venue in Scotland when Ashley finally text him. He was glad to know that she was home safely. Nate was helping her get all of her stuff from his place and would have the key in his possession when he returned from the tour. Marshall frowned as he read the message. He wanted to text Madelyn, but he was sure that she wouldn't answer him.

Marshall to Madelyn: I am so sorry that things went wrong while you were here. I am an asshole and I know it. I want to make it right.

Madelyn stared at her phone but couldn't bring herself to respond. Nate was by her side as they cleared her stuff from Marshall's house. He was supposed to have been different than the guys she had been with in the past. Her heart was broken and she was fairly quiet. Nate watched her as she moved about the master bedroom collecting her belongings.

"Mads, he is an asshole," Nate said.

She nodded slightly, the tears threatening to show their face again.

"He comes home the 26th and I'm sure he will find his way to your place," he said.

"I don't want to see him," she replied.

"I know you say that now but if he was to show up would you really turn him away?"

She shrugged. She didn't know what she would do. She was feeling the pain of what had happened in Ireland. She had travelled all that way and been so excited to see him. She couldn't believe that he had just thrown two years down the drain for some girl he would probably never see again. She wondered if he had slept with her or if it was just what she had seen. She kept seeing the three of them walking into that dressing room as she was walking out. She saw the guilt that had flashed in his eyes before it had disappeared. She sighed.

"That's everything," she said.

"All right, let's go," Nate replied.

She handed him the key after they locked up the house. Nate stared at it for a moment.

"You're sure about this?" he asked.

"He said that I couldn't stay here if I left," she replied.

"He was probably just upset. Marshall has never been good with confrontation with a female. Especially when he has been the one to mess up."

She shrugged again. She got into her car.

"I'll see you later, Nate," she said.

"Don't cross us off just because of him," he begged.

"I won't. I just need some time."

"We're here for you."

She nodded and left the mansion. Nate sighed heavily as he watched her go. His phone rang as he stood there. He looked down to see that his older brother was calling him.

"What are you doing?" Marshall asked.

"Mads just got the rest of her stuff from your place," Nate told him.