Chapter 27

A week later, he took Madelyn to dinner. The girls were with Kim. It seemed to be the best time for him to do it. They walked into the restaurant. He was nervous. The only female he had ever been married to was Kim and having Madelyn was just different. She slid into the seat and smiled at him. He took his seat across from her.

"So what's the occasion?" she asked.

"I can't just take my girl to dinner?" he asked her.

"You can, I just know you have been working hard on the new album in the studio and I figured that it would be a while before you came up for air."

He chuckled. She smiled. He shook his head.

"It is a bit crazy, but I always got time for you, baby," he said.

"That's good to know, I miss you when you aren't around," she replied.

"I know, I miss your sexy ass too."

She laughed. The waitress came over and took their orders. Marshall was toying with the box in his pocket. He wasn't sure how she was going to react. They weren't that far out from the incident on tour and he knew that she had been really hurt. He wasn't even sure she would actually say yes but he wanted to get it out there anyway.

"You ok?" Madelyn asked when the waitress walked away.

"Yeah, I'm great," he said.

"You look like you're about to have a stroke."

"No, I'm good, I promise."

She nodded, not believing a word he said. He sighed heavily and pulled the box from his pocket.

"I was gonna wait til later, but it's killing me. Madelyn, will you marry me?" he asked.

She gasped and her eyes widened as he opened the box. He stared at her, having slid from the chair to his knee. His nerves were going a mile a minute waiting on her to give him an answer.

"Yes," she whispered.

"Yeah?" he asked, making sure he had heard her correctly.

"Yes."

His face broke out into a grin and he slid the ring on her finger. She stared at it and then turned to kiss him. He got up from where he had knelt to hug and kiss her. She deepened the kiss. Champagne was sent to their table from someone during their dinner. They thanked the person but declined due to Marshall's sobriety. Madelyn wasn't going to jeopardize that for him. She was perfectly ok with just having a Sprite. He was stunned that she had said yes. She stared at him from across the table. He looked at her and noticed how her eyes sparkled. He was glad that he was the one to put the smile and the ring on her.

"I was thinking we could get married next month," he said.

"That quick?" she asked.

"Yeah, you can plan that fast can't you?"

"Marshall?"

"I just want to be able to call you my wife as quick as I can."

"This isn't because of the tour thing is it?"