04 i got a man but i want you

i can't stop and look the other way,
'cause i know what could be, babe.
DOJA CAT & THE WEEKND

— DOJA CAT & THE WEEKND

CHAPTER 04  KISS

scaramouche sat on his bed, scrolling through his phone, as boxes are strewn around the floor. you were bothered when you learned that you would be missing your grandparents' presence after moving into the dorms.

however, a new atmosphere would be beneficial, right? you don't have to worry about walking to school, after all.

as while you were lost to your own thoughts, scaramouche looked up from his phone. his indigo eyes trailing towards your figure, noticing the frown displayed on your face.

"do you need help with the boxes?" he asked, effectively attracting his roommate's attention.

once scara spoke, you snapped out of your reverie, your gaze leaping to his' and a smile rising to your lips.

"i didn't realize you were this nice," you pointed out, earning the boy an irk mark. "what's that supposed to mean?" he responded, glaring.

you let out a chuckle and didn't bother to answer his question. "sure, help me unpack these boxes," you hummed and moved closer to one of the boxes.

the boy put down his phone and got out of bed to assist you, so it shouldn't be too bad. the stillness developed between you two, which none of you minded while discreetly unpacking your belongings.

the boy saw that the girl doesn't have a lot of cosmetics or jewelry and that the majority of her belongings are books or her clothes. 'right, she's a commoner,' he sighed to himself.

"you're such a nerd, you have so many books," scara spoke first again, placing one of the books on the empty shelf. while speaking with the girl, he fixed his gaze on his activity.

you roll your eyes at the mention of the word 'nerd,' because you've heard it so many times. as you emptied a box, you reasoned, "i gain information from it, and it's really valuable to me."

"would you be willing to teach me more about cooking?" he inquired, making your eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"i was expecting you to ask me to teach you an intellectual subject..." you answered as you turned to face him, who was still putting the books on the shelf. in response, the male shrugged and finally turned to face you, a smirk on his lips.

"don't doubt my intelligence."

"yeah, sure. whatever you say, shortie." you teased and chuckled at this, obtaining another look from him.

" you teased and chuckled at this, obtaining another look from him