06 my body is your party, baby

'cause tonight it's going down, tell your boys it's going down.
we in the zone now, don't stop, ooh.

CIARA

CHAPTER 06  TUTOR

CHAPTER 06 TUTOR

after taking the examinations, the results were finally disclosed on the bulletin board a week later, and everyone began to crowd the area.

you, on the other hand, fought your way there, practically shoving everyone else out of the way. your gaze had already wandered to the list of names, hoping to see your name among the top ten students in your class; when you saw your present position, your jaw dropped in disbelief.

'SECOND PLACE?!' OH MY GOD, IF THIS GOES ON, I'M NOT GOING TO LAST A MONTH HERE, AND WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, 1 POINT FROM ALBEDO?! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?' the h/c-haired girl panicked, her mind racing with negative ideas.

while she was immersed in her thoughts, she was suddenly pushed by someone who was also shoving people out of the way, knocking her off her feet and causing her to lose her balance.

she was on the verge of collapsing when a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her closer. y/n felt her heart plummet as she was on the verge of collapsing and maybe being stomped on by a swarm of people, and she turned to face her savior, his golden eyes already staring at hers.

xiao spoke to you and took you out of the crowd, saying, "be more careful next time, let's go to the host club together."

"thanks, xiao, i could've died there," you chuckled as xiao held your arm and walked you to the music room 3.

the male hummed back, which the h/c-haired girl forgot about how this boy is generally quiet and doesn't like to hold up a conversation. "i realize you're upset with your results," xiao uttered, "but you can still do better next time."

you came to a complete stop in your tracks, causing the boy to do the same. he turned to face you, puzzled as to why you had suddenly come to a halt.

you lifted your head and your eyes were glimmering like stars as you began squishing his cheeks, "that's so sweet xiao! i never had been that motivated before by someone, except by my childhood friend."

"hey, don't touch me!" xiao groaned, trying to release himself from your squeezing hands, which were likely to rip his cheeks apart if you kept squeezing them.

"alright alright! let's leave now!" the h/c-haired girl smiled at xiao's irritated state, a scarlet hue spreading from his cheeks to his ears.

you hooked your fingers around xiao's hand and dragged him along with you this time. unaware of some girls who happened to be watching the two of you interact, and who ended up fangirling from the scene, their minds full with boy love.

when they got to the room, xiao let go of y/n's and opened the doors. revealing venti who pounced on scaramouche's figure, while the rest grumbled and turned their backs on the two.

the sound of the door opening drew everyone's attention as they observed y/n and xiao who had just arrived. venti released scara's body and already rushed up to the form of the e/c-eyed female.

"i heard you came in second place! you know, if you keep doing that, you'll be expelled out of this academy and you'll never be able to pay the debt!" venti pointed out the obvious, exacerbating the problem tenfold. you sighed and rolled your eyes.

"i'm trying, alright? i may not have double-checked something correctly and hence received one incorrect answer."

"excuses excuses," venti stated, crossing his arms. kazuha intervened, saying, "y/n you did a fantastic job on the examinations, i'm really proud of you." the boy smiled, which you returned.

"unlike this annabelle-looking dude," scaramouche chimed in, prompting another pounce from venti, which he groaned as a result of the hit.

"but, what if this keeps up? how could we prevent it?" aether wondered, his troubled gaze falling on your figure.

venti paused his attack on scaramouche and returned to his thinking mode. of course, he didn't want y/n to be kicked out, especially because he knows how hardworking the h/c-haired girl is, and he has grown fond of her.

"how about getting her a tutor?" albedo suggested as he approached them, holding one of his unfinished paintings in his hand.

"that's a really good idea, but i'm afraid no one will offer to do it," kazuha commented, peering over at y/n's sulking figure in the corner.

"i can be her tutor," albedo said with a smile on his lips, "i know y/n would be able to learn easily and I have enough time to teach her."

with his statement, you emerged from your sulking zone and approached albedo's figure, "really? but i'm still salty that you got perfect marks." you grumpled.

"that's why you'll need a tutor, to obtain great scores," albedo chuckled. "where would you like me to teach you?"

"we can study in the dorms, the school's library, or the cafe," you replied, thanking albedo for deciding to assist your hopeless ass, then you abruptly added.

"will you be instructing me about the human body as well?"

END OF CHAPTER 6 !

⟶ chapter written: december 10 2021

chapter written: december 10 2021

EDIT 1: i know a lot of people are wondering why the reader's being dramatic over her 2nd place even if it's a good ranking. the school's very strict and have very high standards for scholars.

since she's the only scholar who luckily got in, she should place 1st place rather than 2nd place, if not it's a high chance of losing her scholarship. plainly since the school is ONLY for the rich and it's only once in a lifetime that they offer a scholarship for 1 person.

hopefully, this explanation helps <3