35 heaven knows i'm miserable now

two lovers entwined pass me by,
and heaven knows i'm miserable now.
THE SMITHS

CHAPTER 35  OFFER?

CHAPTER 35  OFFER?

"this is for you, y/n!"

you stood there with a perplexed expression on your face when a random female in front of you suddenly gave out a fully wrapped gift for you.

still having trouble speaking, you muttered, "for me?" as suddenly more girls rushed your way, presenting you with a number of gifts.

to be fair, christmas is coming up soon, and everyone—including the host club—is getting ready for a celebration. the poor h/c-headed girl sweat-dropped at this and did not anticipate getting numerous gifts.

to albedo's dismay, who will be in charge of the budget and spending. venti declared that this party will undoubtedly surpass all others because it would be the biggest celebration ever held at the university.

do they even have a problem with it either way? all y/n is aware of is how wealthy the seven boys there are—they can divide the enormous sum of money regardless.

going back, you started thanking the females right away. you were grateful for their thoughtfulness in providing a present, although you assumed all the females would scatter as more unexpectedly rushed your way.

by chance, xiao, who was passing by, heard the commotion and strained his eyes to see what the girls were fussing about. till his amber eyes caught a pair of e/c eyes that were frightened by the scene in front of her.

"step aside." even though xiao's voice was barely audible, they immediately heard it and froze at the chill that a boy's abrupt entrance brought with it.

the females moved aside as xiao approached you to pull your arm, exactly as he had instructed. while xiao drew you away from the mob, you observed that everyone was staring at you with their mouths open and their eyes wide and that they were all taking in xiao's lovely features.

one could hardly blame them. despite being extremely handsome, intelligent, and wealthy, xiao always gave everyone in the room the cold shoulder (with the exception of venti and y/n).

a sigh of relief escaped your lips as soon as xiao was able to effectively yank you away from the girls who were encircling you so that you could breathe normally once more.

"thank you xiao, i thought i was going to die there—" xiao suddenly questioned, "are you okay?"

you absolutely stopped speaking as you watched the softening of xiao's demeanor and the worry sparkle in his eyes.

you couldn't help but smile and said, "of course! why wouldn't i be? i appreciate the gifts from them but i did not anticipate it to be a lot."

simply nodding his head, xiao motioned for you to begin walking with him toward the host club, and you followed the suggestion. you weren't expecting xiao to continue the topic, "you've been gaining popularity for the past several months." he stated.