07 how to be a heartbreaker

rule number two, just don't get attached to,
somebody you could lose.

MARINA

CHAPTER 07  CHILDHOOD FRIEND

CHAPTER 07 CHILDHOOD FRIEND

after experiencing a blow of air through one of your ears, you suddenly jump out of your nap. then you noticed something: you were in the middle of learning from albedo until you fell asleep.

your gaze then shifted to albedo, who was smiling at you as the two of you sat on the floor next to the coffee table. "i'm very sorry, i've fallen asleep!" you hastily apologized, though the boy shook his head, seemingly unconcerned.

"you seemed to be lacking in sleep recently, have you been staying up late?" he inquired, his voice tinged with worry and concern, and you nodded. you couldn't simply tell him everything was ok.

"you won't be able to focus properly if you're having trouble keeping awake," albedo replies, earning a hum from you. "you go take your nap first, and we'll continue this tomorrow after the club, alright?"

"thanks for today, i really appreciate it!" you grinned, not expecting the boy to approach you and gently patted your head before withdrawing his hand.

"sweet dreams, y/n. furthermore, scaramouche, don't do anything inappropriate again," he said to the boy.

"what do you mean, inappropriate?! i'm not even going to do it again!" but the teal-eyed lad disregarded his reasons, then smiled at you, before exiting the room. the door closing behind him.

as you began tidying up and putting the textbooks back into your bag, you remarked, "he's one thoughtful friend."

"out of all of us, xiao and albedo get the most confession letters," scaramouche sang in answer.

"i see why, how about you? how many confession letters do you typically receive?" y/n asked as she closed her bag and walked over to the kitchen cabinets to find something to eat.

"a lot," the indigo-haired guy replied, his matching eyes glancing over at your figure in the kitchen. "i typically don't read them and simply keep them inside a box. i'm interested in someone nonetheless."

"oh, who's the lucky girl or guy?" you wondered as you snatched some doritos from the cupboard.

he clarified, frowning at you, "why would i tell you, and for your knowledge, i have no interest in guys."

"because, i'm your dormmate, your club member, and your friend," you reasoned as you walked over to his bed and sat beside him, sharing your doritos with him, which he eventually accepted.

he stuffed doritos into his mouth, chewed them up, and swallowed them before replying, "still not a solid excuse." you groaned.

"whatever," you retorted, "didn't expect you to be interested in someone for someone as scary as you." scaramouche rolled his eyes in response.