31 the skyline falls as i try to make sense of it all

yet you think we're the same,
the skyline falls as i try to make sense of it all.
SUKI WATERHOUSE

CHAPTER 31 COMMONER'S MALL

putting the folded clothes onto the drawers of your room, it's at last the weekend and you have chosen to spend your break at your own home. particular, you anticipated your grandparents' bakery would be busy as they added their new recipes.

you snatched your purse and wore your outdoor shoes, next up is getting a few things in the shopping center. checking the checklist, you were all set and partake in your winter break, or so you thought.

within the first few minutes of entering the mall, you spotted recognizable shorties talking on the display at one of the stores. you stared at them with widening eyes, wanting to get away before they noticed you.

much to your dismay, heizou noticed your presence after he felt like someone, in particular, was staring at them. his voice drew the others' attention just as you were about to run away.

"y/n, what a surprise you're here." heizou waved at you. you right away halted halfway and gradually turned towards them, an awkward chuckle leaving your lips, "oh hey guys, didn't see you there... what in heaven's name are you guys doing here?!

the first person to respond was venti, who greeted you with a beaming grin and said, "y/n! since it's our winter vacation we decided to check what it's like coming to the mall. a commoner mall at that." he then drew you toward them while pulling you along.

the others did nothing more than nod in response as kazuha waved your way. you sighed, realizing that many people were staring and whispering about the boys since they were dressed in such costly clothing from well-known brands.

they were not used to it at all.

albedo questioned, "what are you doing here, y/n?" disregarding how strangers were gawking at him.

"i was supposed to purchase groceries." you replied, checking the checklist again while aether came in with an idea. "i heard there's an ice skating rink on the third floor, do you all want to give it a shot?"

"yet, what about y/n's food?" xiao addressed, making scaramouche snatch your list and looked it over before responding, "i'll just simply order my servants to acquire the groceries needed. let's go."

he started pulling you and the others followed to the third level before you had a chance to comment on it. they won't accept no as an answer, so you rolled your eyes at them but decided to let it slip because you knew they were eager to experience ice skating.

 they won't accept no as an answer, so you rolled your eyes at them but decided to let it slip because you knew they were eager to experience ice skating

as soon as venti went onto the ice wearing his skates, he slipped and fell, which caused aether to chuckle while scaramouche choked back his own. "hey, don't laugh!"

in the meantime, you were having some difficulty tying your shoes when, out of nowhere, a boy with an ashy blonde hair kneeled in front of you and started assisting you. you allowed albedo to do his task and see how he tightens the shoelaces before knotting it.

he asked, letting you stand, "there you go, can you walk with the ice skating shoes on?" and extended his hand in case you needed it. you replied, carefully making your way to the rink's entrance, "yup, i can walk on my own."

albedo hummed, similarly as he was going to disappear, he ensured, "are you certain you can deal with yourself in the rink?" you offered him a thumbs-up and smiled at him as a 'thank you' procuring a nod from him before he went to help xiao who was getting irritated at the shoestrings.

when you ventured inside the ice and quickly felt how slippery it is, you immediately went to the glass wall alongside the entrance. your e/c eyes saw venti gripping onto aether while aether assisted him with skating.

then there was scaramouche secretly mocking venti. afterward, kazuha joined the ice skating rink, evident already that he was an expert at it. he then turned to face you, observing how you were clinging to the walls for dear life.

he chuckled as he approached you and extended his hand for you, "come, i'll teach you." you glanced at him and shook your head, letting go of the wall gradually, "i can manage—" you didn't even complete your sentence when you felt like you'll collapse at any moment, and kazuha immediately held your hand.

you saw your life flash before your eyes and blinked twice in utter terror. kazuha merely smiled at your ignorance before carefully moving to place his hand in yours. "if you're about to fall, slightly bend your knees in this way you won't fall." he advised.

then, while still clutching kazuha's hand, y/n nodded and attempted to continue moving. while xiao and albedo observed from a distance, the crimson-eyed boy proceeded to assist her and demonstrate it for her.

you soon mastered it and were able to move without grabbing onto kazuha. as the boy congratulates you on your success, a random child unexpectedly crashed into you and nearly knocked you off your feet. however, kazuha instantly moved to catch you in his arms. again saving you.

"be careful next time." kazuha scolded the kid who fell on their own butt and he kept you in his arms. the kid just cried in response while kazuha hurled out a sigh and directed his concentration toward you.

with concern composed all over, he addressed, "are you alright? did you get injured?" you shook your head as he in the end let you go. "i'm good, thanks for saving me again." you grinned at him while he gestured in kind, "anytime."

when a certain indigo-headed boy saw the ruckus between the two and the child, he went over to them and gave the child a glare while doing so, which caused the child to start crying even more until their guardian came and took them up.

scaramouche scoffed at this and looked at the two of you, saying, "let's get moving, venti's already starving." he did this while crossing both of his arms and ignoring the resentment that was beginning to grow within of him.

the two of you glanced over venti who walked out of ice skating rink and rushed towards albedo to ask some good restaurants to dine in too. you hummed in agreement and headed over to the exit, leaving scara and kazuha behind.

kazuha eventually spoke up, oblivious to the strange tension that had begun to develop between them.

"did you just give the kid a dirty look earlier?"

"yeah, that's what i did. what's the problem?"

END OF CHAPTER 31!

⟶ chapter written; july 18 2022

chapter written; july 18 2022

good day everyone !!! i'm promoting this discord server where you can interact with me and a bunch of other popular genshin authors like reikeko, ppeachyss, rosenIied, + more ! you can also meet new people as well and we're all friendly, we won't bite ;)

thank you <3 (will put the link to the comments as well.)

https://discord.gg/NHNZgevm