11 you look so happy when i'm not with you

i saw you dancing in a crowded room,
you look so happy when I'm not with you.
THE WEEKND

CHAPTER 11  KAMISATO AYATO

you tried to get away from the himbo guy, but no matter what you did, he followed you around like a puppy, babbling about how popular he is at school.

of course, you didn't pay attention and sipped your dango milk quietly while looking for other booths that had attracted your eye.

when out of nowhere, itto mentioned the 'host club', "me and my boys were meant to sing a song but our venue got snatched by that host club guys." itto sighed, feeling as though the 1st place trophy had slipped from his grasp.

"how, though?" you inquired, suddenly paying attention to his rants. itto gave you a fleeting glance before carrying on.

"they bid such a large amount of money that i can't even make my bid higher. hell, what is a host club anyway?" he wondered. "it seemed like some kind of homosexual club with a bunch of shorties."

y/n was offended by this, and she already knew how much the guy despised her club. rather than telling him the truth, she chose to remain silent and simply agree with his accusations about the club.

"oh, yes, i almost forgot. i am the one and only oni, arataki itto. one of the most popular guys in the school, one of the strongest people in the school, and the list goes on," he boasted, proudly introducing himself.

you were ready to answer to him when a familiar voice said, "y/n, we finally found you." albedo and xiao moved closer to you, with xiao only giving you a tiny wave, to which you returned.

"albedo, xiao, i'm sorry if i wandered off. a dango milk stand grabbed my attention, so i went to get one." you apologized right away, but albedo merely said it was all good.

"why are you with him?" albedo questioned you as his gaze turned to the taller person, and he scowled.

"isn't he the guy who owns the venue, but venti stole it?" xiao added, and albedo agreed. itto was taken aback when these small men appeared out of nowhere and began being friendly towards y/n.

itto exclaimed, pointing his index finger at them, "w-wait- you know them?! they're the small tiny boys who took our venue!"

causing them to feel insulted and annoyed by the name itto had called them. "this moron tagged along," you muttered in response, evidently irritating itto by the term.

"did you harm y/n?" albedo inquired, taking your hand in his and making you glance at him in confusion while the boy's attention stayed on itto with an obvious frown on his lips.

itto simply gave him a bewildered look and answered, "why would i? i don't hit on tiny boys." y/n rolled her eyes at this point.

"good, we'll leave immediately," albedo said, his frown soon dissipating as he turned to face you.