08 my little versailles

and i'm sorry i left, but it was for the best,
though it never felt right.
my little versailles.
SUFJAN STEVENS

CHAPTER 08  SCHOOL FESTIVAL

banging the teacher's table to get everyone's attention, the class president announced "we'll be having a theater acting for the school festival!"

as they looked over at the whiteboard, which was scribbled with 'cinderella but no magic,' the hubbub had calmed down.

"how precisely does that work?" barbara said, her palm raised in the air. the class president then began pasting a poster on the bulletin board depicting each student's role. meanwhile, vice president albedo pasted another one, this time with the plot written out.

"instead of a fairy godmother, we'll have the villagers assist cinderella in getting to the ball, and instead of the expensive shoes that cinderella had, we'll go for farmer's boots," the president stated, drawing hums from others.

your gaze wandered down the list of characters, eventually noticing yours with an 'evil stepsister.' "why am i playing a feminine role?" you wondered, blinking again.

"oh that, because you're a member of the host club, we assume you'll have good acting talents due to your role being vital," albedo said as he jotted something in his notebook.

the other females shrieked with delight at the prospect of the h/c-haired boy performing a female part without even knowing she is a girl.

"phantom thief, black mask?" xiao asked, looking puzzled as he remembered there was no such character in the original story.

"oh, that's a made-up character! the character has a romance with the evil stepsister!" the president responded, overjoyed that xiao would be cast in such a fantastic role.

"you guys won't be attending the host club activities this week?!" venti said again, a shocked frown on his face at the announcement.

"they'll be busy because their class will be participating in the festival..." kazuha stated, his gaze darting across to you as you read the story script.

"but i planned that we should perform a performance us, host club members!" venti reasoned as he pouted and crossed his arms, clearly displeased with kazuha's statement.

scaramouche shook his head in disapproval, while aether sighed. causing venti, who was now giving them his infamous 'puppy-eyes'.

"however, you guys can see our performance," you uttered as you rose to speak, a smile on your lips.

"what's it about?" kazuha inquired, his gaze still riveted on your physique. "it's a cinderella story, although they modified certain things," xiao replied, devouring his almond tofu.

"ooh, what role do you guys perform in?" venti asked, turning away from his puppy eyes to focus on the conversation.

albedo took a sip of his tea, before answering, "y/n plays the evil stepsister, xiao the phantom thief, black mask, and i play the prince's role,"

the other four tilted their heads, clearly perplexed as to why y/n is playing a female role when she's identifying herself as a boy.

"albedo says i should have acting skills, which i clearly don't," you replied quickly, sighing at the prospect of how it will all turn out.

"but i do assume," albedo responded, "you would play such a terrific character." you rolled your eyes at this.

from then on, the two continued to squabble with each other. while the others have already been left out of the bubble.

END OF CHAPTER 8 !

⟶ chapter written: december 17 2021

chapter written: december 17 2021

i'm so sorry that this chapter is short and the lack of updates, i have been feeling unmotivated for a while. also, itto came home!!! at my 68th roll <3 ill write a modern fanfic of him, most likely next year! thank you all especially for the 2.9k reads !