Chapter 4

Heading down the stairs, Jungkook ruffled his wet hair after taking himself a much needed shower. Pulling the refrigerator open he took out a bottle of fresh orange juice. He had been extremely frustrated earlier when he eventually had to return home with his family after dinner due to the pouring storm outside but he seemed to calm down a lot more when he was embraced by the warmth of his old bedroom.

He'd missed his home.

Jungkook sighed as the light emitting from the refrigerator disappeared after he shut the door, he chuckled lightly to himself as the old memories of him actually being so excited while playing with the lights when he was much younger flooded his mind.

He turned the juice bottle to his head as he made his way back up the stairs.

Somebody sniffed.

Jungkook stopped in his tracks, there was no way he had heard wrong. A bugler? Just great! The one time he had decided to stay back home, here he was now faced with a possible serial killer after his life.

Maybe tiptoeing his way back up to his bedroom and gently locking his door would save him, and that was exactly what he did but he heard the sniff again and a cough this time echoing much louder.

BE A MAN!

A voice whispered at the back of his mind. Dragging in a good amount of air to prepare himself for whatever was to come, he returned down the stairs finding the light switch by the door and immediately flicking it on. The bright lights came on illuminating the entire sitting room and his heart nearly jumped out of his chest at the sight in front of him.

"N-noona?" He asked in shock.

His elder sister was curled up in a ball on the far end of the long sofa with a black comforter pulled over her head.

"What are you doing here? I thought you'd be asleep, it's been such a long day"

Hyewon sniffed and returned her attention back to her almost empty box of tissues. That was when it registered in Jungkook's mind that she might have been crying, when she blew her nose vehemently into one of them it finally confirmed his claims.

Jungkook's heart sank.

He has always had an amazing relationship with his sister, growing up she'd literally been more like another to him and also a good friend with listening ears when needed. Most sibling their age didn't get along so well, but they were quite the opposite. Not saying they couldn't or didn't have their various misunderstandings on some bad days, but they often had simple ways of sorting things out some of which were cooking eachother's favorite meals.

The seat beside Hyewon dipped as Jungkook sat down beside her with a worried expression.

"Noona what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked as he leaned closer to look her in the eyes.

Hyewon bawled her eyes out even more before Jungkook embraced her.

"Yahh Nonna what's wrong? You're scaring me"

Hyewon clutched the comforter closer to her chest before pulling away from her brother's arms. She stared at him with reddened eyes and sniffed.

"It hurts Kookie"

Jungkook's worries doubled "What hurts Nonna? Tell me and I'll make it go away I promise" he says in a reassuring tone.
***********

A WEEK LATER

"What!!"

Jungkook yelled in utter disbelief.

Jisoo who had been too busy pacing about in the bedroom while biting on her finger nails absent mindedly, finally returned her attention to the boy.

"She left this behind" she says shoving a letter in front of Jungkook's face.

Snatching the piece of paper from her hand, he allowed his eyes sweep thoroughly over every word.

I didn't mean to do this Kookie, but absolutely nobody would listen to me except you. I needed your help desperately and didn't know the best way to tell you, I also know this definitely is not the best way either but I had no choice. I will be home before you know it, I need just a few days to set my life back in order. Help me Kookie please, I know you would never forgive me for this but I'll be able to live with that for the rest of my life,rather than living the way I am right now. You promised to take away Nonna's pain....

The remaining words after that weren't making any sense to him as he threw his head backwards, and laughed hysterically until a small tear escaped the corners of his eyes.

"So what is this supposed to mean?" He finally asked when he eventually calmed down.

Jisoo bit harder into her nails "The guests are outside Jung—"

"And so?" He said cutting her words short.

"Y_ou need to go out there" she said faintly.

If Kim Jisoo weren't as old as his elder sister and was practically part of their family since childhood, then he would have lashed out on her in ways she'd never expected. Like was she absolutely nuts?

It was the morning of one of the most anticipated weddings in Seoul. The entire city was in attendance along with highly classified business men with top notch international models and the entire city press.

The most eligible and handsome bachelor Kim Seokjin was about to tie the knot with an unknown girl, of course every single person would have their noses up every nook and cranny just to get first hand information about the so called girl who was able to win the bachelor's heart.

But the girl had since ran away from home the night prior unknown to the public, and suddenly she wants her younger brother to walk down the aisle in her place.

Outrageous right?

"You cannot be serious!" He finally had enough and yelled at the top of his lungs "You want me in a white dress and on some ugly ass makeup walking down that long aisle out there filled with thousands of eyes to go say 'I do' to a man like myself? A man I literally do not like anything about"

Had everybody suddenly gone crazy?

"Jungkook I'm sorry okay, I'm just as confused as you, I have no idea why she would pull such a stunt on a day like this. What do you suggest we do? It's already too late"

"For fucks sake it's never too late to call off the so called wedding, She never wanted any of this and I honestly do not know why y'all keep imposing it on her. Go out there with my mother if interested and call this hellbound shit off!" He yelled before storming out of the room.

On his way out he collided with his mother.

"Why aren't you dressed yet?" She asked him.

Jungkook's eyes sweeps over his neatly ironed grey suite in confusion. Why wasn't he dressed?

"Eomma I don't understand, I'm dressed, this is the best I've looked all year thanks to the ton of cash splurged on behalf of this wedding" he says sarcastically.

"Well that cash is about to be non existent if you don't get your ass out there this very minute"

Jungkook pinched his nose bridge and sighed. Was he the only one sane here?

"What—"

"Go back in there, get your tattoos covered and put on that dress. The crowd is already murmuring, I won't be humiliated this way on a day like this by you or your sister. Everything I've been doing and still doing till this day is for the betterment of both your futures. You may not see it now just the same way she doesn't, but soon you will; so go back in there Jeon Jungkook and bride up! Heaven help you if you come out there still in this suit"

With that she walked out on a very very confused Jungkook.

Jungkook couldn't keep his mouth closed, his throat was dry as he turned his eyes back towards the room he just exited and saw Jisoo standing by the door with different kinds of powder brushes in her hand.

And wait are those blonde hair extensions he sees?