Chapter 11

He was wrong.

Jungkook was dead wrong, that was the only thought on his mind as he walked back to the penthouse in the wee hours of the morning, the cool breeze brushing over his chappy lips and long hair as he moved. He'd successfully blown off some steam as planned, came more than once but of course could not be compared to the number of times he made his girlfriend moisten the sheets underneath them.

He should feel great! if great was too much of a word to describe the feeling, then maybe good? But he downright felt like shit and he didn't know why. His heart was heaving uncontrollably within his chest with every step he took closer to the penthouse, and he couldn't quite place his finger on what the actual fuck was making his anxiety so heightened to the point he stood to take in big breaths as soon as he arrived the front porch.

Jungkook heaved a sigh, taking a very long glance at himself on the reflective glass surface before pushing the double doors open. If there was one thing he was grateful for, then it would be how Kim Seokjin always had simple courtesy in him of leaving the heater on every night before bed. He shivered lightly as he was enveloped by the warmth of the house, he calmed, but not for too long.

His shoes came off by the door a lot faster than he'd intended as he took a thorough look around the house. "There's no way he'd still be home" he whispers to himself as he was greeted by the silence of the spacious house. Not having any more minute to spare he made it passed the living room heading straight to his bedroom.
**********

It was late in the afternoon when Jungkook eventually opened his eyes, his stomach growled as he tossed and turned on the bed, reaching for his phone beside him, he took note of the time ignoring every other notification splayed out on his screen including missed calls from his girlfriend. Climbing down the bed sluggishly he threw on a pair of oversized sweater leaving just his boxer underneath, he'd slept with his hair extensions intact earlier so that wasn't going to be an hindrance right now.

He sleepily walked out from his bedroom without a care in the world about his environment heading straight for the kitchen. Filling his growling stomach was the only task he was concerned about at the moment.

He'd spent a good amount of time down there and a delicious meal was already placed before him causing him to smile in victory. Setting the plate down on the table he pulled out a chair about taking a seat, but catching sight of a figure rooted by the door,his breath got knocked out of his lungs. He finally caught a glimpse of the man standing by the entrance door staring at him with utter shock written all over his face.

Jungkook's mouth hung open, his throat running dry and his limbs growing limp with each second. It was him, it was Kim Seokjin standing there in noting but a pair of black slacks, hair slightly dampen from maybe taking a shower with droplets of water filtering down his bare chest, and a towel draped around his neck.

Jungkook gulped.

For a decent amount of minutes they only stared at eachother, non having the willingness in them to speak up. Jungkook felt his entire facade crumbling before his eyes, for crying out loud he wasn't expecting Kim Seokjin to be home neither was he expecting to see the man without a fucking shirt on for the first time. Speaking of clothes, his entire legs were exposed, he didn't bother covering up earlier thinking he was the only one in the house

"Hyewon?"

He heard Seokjin say finally, causing him to blink up at him.

Unbelievable!

Jungkook shuddered already thinking of ways to explain himself, for petes sake he didn't want to spend his entire life behind bars, he couldn't handle such a thing happening to him. He could already imagine the headlines:
AN IMPOSTER CAUGHT RED HANDED AT THE RESIDENCE OF THE NATIONS MOST BELOVED MAN.

His eyes shut tight in utter fear.

He opened his mouth to speak or maybe plead? but words failed him

Damnit!

"Umm I didn't know you were home" Seokjin began yet again "You didn't come back home last night, so I figured you might be at your parents. Hope everything is okay?" As he spoke he kept an unwavering gaze on the boy, eyes raking over his body lingering on his exposed thighs a litter longer than planned.

Jungkook swallowed, self awareness coming into play as he walked behind one of the dinning chairs in hope of shielding himself "Y—you are home?" he stuttered, his heart beating heavily in his ears.

Seokjin only hummed, still unable to move his feets as they somehow were engraved to the floor "You—um you okay?" he was nervous as well and it was obvious "You were hungry?" he asked trying to make the situation a lot less awkward, which earned him a strained nod from Jungkook.

"I could have made you something if you'd told me" his mouth quickly formed an 'o' shape as soon as the words left his mouth "Right, you didn't know I was home" he combed his fingers through his damp hair.
***********

And just like that they ended up sitting across from eachother devouring the food Jungkook made, of course with proper clothing now. Jungkook had offered to make him a plate as well after remembering how much of an asshole he was to him the previous day.

Seokjin dashed to his room and so did he, both emerging moments later in proper house clothing which eventually led to them having dinner together.

"Is your mom fine?" Seokjin asks thereby breaking the deafening silence that could give a very audible sound to the drop of a small pin.

Jungkook cleared his throat. He wasn't with his mother, but he wasn't about to say that, why not just allow Kim Seokjin think that to avoid explaining things to him? "She's fine yea" he says before stuffing his mouth full with food.

"And your brother?"

His spoon fell to the ground in an instant with a loud crashing sound causing him to jolt up in shock "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that was a mis—mistake" he stuttered bending himself downwards to pick up the spoon even though Seokjin tried stopping him but to no avail

"You okay?"

"Yes! I'm great" Jungkook chipped in almost immediately waving his hands dismissively in the air "I'm just great" he swallowed.

Seokjin stared at him for a good amount of time before giving him a small smile, one which didn't reach his eye "Sure if you say so"

The rest of the dinner went by in silence with Seokjin sometimes stealing glances at him and Jungkook being unable to meet his gaze, for the record he was not even trying to make eye contact. Not today. But with the next words that came out from Kim Seokjin's mouth, he was forced to stare up at the man with widened eyes and utter dismay.

"Where's your ring Hyewon?"