Chapter 6

"You okay in there?" Seokjin asked from outside the door.

Jungkook deadpanned, a hand coming up to shield over his mouth, his chest heaving haphazardly.

He cleared his throat "Um yea yea I am" Jungkook says trying to sound casual as much as possible.

Outside the door he could hear Seokjin shuffling around "Okay, when you're done settling in I'd love for us to talk in the living room, to your right straight down the hall, I'll be waiting"

Jungkook breathed out "Yea sure, I'll be right out"

"Okay then__" Seokjin made to leave but before he did, said "And Hyewon I can smell your nervousness from over here, I don't bite you know? I'll be off now"

When the quietness lasted much longer than usual, Jungkook let out a deep breath he didn't even know he had been holding in "I'm so screwed!" Jungkook whined.
***********

He checked himself one more time in the mirror by the hallway as he walked towards the living room. He opted for a long flowing dress with turtle neck and a wrist length sweater finished off with shimmering lip gloss over his thin lips. Women wore lip gloss to bed right? He just had to do something to look more feminine before the damned Kim Seokjin. There was no way in hell he was going to get caught on his very first night.

Walking into the living room, he caught sight of a never seeming to end broad shoulders sitting on the couch. Jungkook coughed earning him the attention of the man who previously had his back to him. His breath hitched at the back his throat when Seokjin stood to his feet, the man was simply too handsome for his own good.

Him in just a loose black tee and black sweatpants with his hair falling over his shinny forehead was such a sight to behold. He always thought the man was handsome, but absolutely nothing could compare to the sight in front of him in casual clothing. He wasn't bad looking himself though, but a voice at the back of his mind kept reminding that he couldn't quite compare to the damned Kim Seokjin and he hated it.

Seokjin only stared back at him for sometime, hands retreating from inside his pockets to cross over his chest. "Let's sit" he simply said.

Jungkook was rilled out from his thoughts and eventually walked around the couch to take a sit by the far end. The elder smiled weakly before taking a sit himself keeping a considerable distance between them.

"I didn't see your brother at the wedding today, did he by chance miss it? Seokjin started by saying

Jungkook's choked on his own spit which only got worse when he met with the latter's very intimidating gaze.

Stupid cough!

Jungkook watched the man stand up from the couch through his peripheral vision and returned a moment later with a glass of water.

"Here" he says handing it over the him "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you"

Jungkook chugged down the water in haste to ease the burning sensation he felt in his throat "oh no no not at all" he tries playing it cool "Of course you didn't, I've just been feeling fatigued after the day's activities you know, that's all" he added.

The man offered an apologetic smile "Sorry about that. Do I get my doctor to come check on you?"

Jungkook's eyes widened "No! of course not!trust me there's absolutely no need for that" he says waving his hands frantically in the air.

"Alright then." Seokjin swept his fingers through his hair, returning to his seat and slightly turning in the younger's direction

He began "I know this whole crazy experience must be making you as confused as can be, and honestly I can say the very same for me. Although we barely know eachother and we weren't really given the chance to by both parents but I just wanted you to know we can take this as slow as possible. I made sure to get you your personal room to avoid being all over your space and making you feel uncomfortable, also you do not need to do anything you're not comfortable with as long as you're here. I want you to know I somehow understand the situation we are in and I plan on making things easier for both of us. With time, I will give you a rundown of how the house functions and the different workers who come by often to help."

Jungkook only stared at the man before him in awe. He wasn't expecting the words coming out his mouth, maybe he wasn't such an asshole as he actually thought, but it was sure too early to judge.

"Umm Hyewon?"

Jungkook blinked repeatedly for a few seconds before swiping his tongue over his lower lips, eyes darting away from the man

"Thank you"

He watched the man's features contort in confusion but it quickly smoothened out just as fast as it had appeared. "Thank you?"

He swallowed a lump in his throat, why had he actually said thank you....

"I mean yes I do understand" he says "and I'm so glad you're trying to ease the tension for both of us. And about the room, I actually love it, thank you for thinking about me"

Thinking about me? Tf Jeon Jungkook!

Seokjin stood to his feet, hands returning to where they belonged, inside his pockets. "I'm glad I could help us through this, and I hope with time we get passed the awkwardness. Also I don't have time on my hands to cook often but I did make something tonight, I placed it on the counter in the kitchen just incase you'd like to try. It's not that great but I'll let you be the judge of that, do have yourself a good night" he concluded with a wink.

He moved passed Jungkook heading back towards his room, but stopped on his tracks "Also, by the way, you look a whole lot different today than I've ever recalled seeing you"

He didn't provide Jungkook a chance to answer as he was already out of sight.

Jungkook's heartbeat wasn't so coherent after the man left his presence.