Chapter 23

Seokjin, pulled away from Jungkook just before the elevator bell dinged. He looked absolutely confused, but definitely not as much as the boy standing beside him. Jungkook looked like an homeless stray cat caught in a raging storm, his heart heavily hammering in his ears.

Had he a made a mistake? What on earth made him do such a thing in the first place? Was Kim Seokjin appalled by his sudden action?

Jungkook was far too lost in thought, that he didn't take note of when Seokjin pushed the door to their suite open.

As soon as the door closed behind them, a deafening silence fell upon both men. Jungkook swore he could hear his ragged breathing along side Seokjin's, who had his back turned to him, echoing through out the suite.

"I_i'm sorry, I didn't know what came over me earlier" Jungkook apologized. If there was anything worse than regret? then, maybe that was what Jungkook felt at the moment.

Seokjin exhaled deeply, turning around to look the embarrassed boy in the eye. "Why are you apologizing? Do you realize that this is not the first time? do you just go around stealing kisses from people Jeonguk?"

Jungkook's eyes grew wide, throwing both hands up in the air with his palms open, "What? No! Of course no, I'm not that kind of person" he defended, rather aggressively.

"Then what is it? I'm I some sort of experiment to you then?"

"Jeez! Why would you say that? I've never thought of you that way, not ever, I'm being honest Seokjin" Jungkook says. At this point, he could already feel his eyes starting to sting.

Damn! Jungkook wasn't a softie, he has never been. All his life after he lost his father, he was forced to grow up earlier than expected, thereby forcing him to take up the responsibilities of a man by his family.

Seokjin groaned, throwing his head backwards in sheer frustration. "Then what the hell are you doing right now Jeonguk? The last time I checked, you fucking hated my guts, even if I've done absolutely nothing but treat you right. You dislike being around me and for fucks sake, you're not even into men. So why the hell do you go about stealing kisses from me whenever you deem fit? Do you enjoy fucking with my head?"

Jungkook sniffed, continuously batting his lashes closed, in order to blink away the now forming tears.

"Seokjin please listen, i know I've done so many wrong things to you in the past, and even just a few hours ago. But I swear I'm not trying to fuck with you head, that is absolutely not my intention. Yes, you're right, I don't even know if I'm into men or not. But when it comes to you, I feel such an unexplainable attraction towards you Seokjin" Jungkook paused, taking in a deep breath, before he continued "I do not hate you Seokjin, I might act like I do, but I really do not"

Seokjin walked closer to the boy, starring down at him, "Then, do you like me?" He questions.

Jungkook opened his mouth, but a word couldn't slip no matter how hard he tried.

He noticed Kim Seokjin's shoulder slump in defeat, and this caused his heart to sink to the pit of his guts.

The very next second, Seokjin's palms came up resting on both sides of Jungkook's face, eagerly cupping the boys cheeks into his big hands. To the extent both cheeks were softly squished together.

Seokjin stared deep into Jungkook's eyes, and by this time, the tears that were threatening to fall since earlier, came rolling down his face with ease.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, please don't cry" Seokjin whispers. His thumb getting to work, by wiping off each tear drop that escaped the corners of Jungkook's eyes.