Chapter 18

Jungkook yawned awake from his long slumber, stretching out his limbs and turning restlessly on his bed for a few minutes. He then gradually began taking in the very familiar environment around him, and he properly jerked awake in shock, sitting timidly right in the middle of the bed with open eyes.

"Why I'm i still here? Why I'm I still alive?" He questions continuously, heart rate picking up and increasing with each unanswered question.

"He didn't hurt me?" He asked himself, eyes raking over his body to atleast find a cut, wound or anything that indicates he had been hurt. But there was absolutely nothing, he was fine, actually never been better.

He had slept so soundly and peacefully. For the record, this was the first time in a long time since the whole charade began, that he had actually gotten a good night rest, which extended way into the late hours of the morning.

Jungkook reached for his phone and his eyes widened even more. It was almost two o'clock in the afternoon, and he was still in his bedroom at Kim Seokjin's penthouse, having absolutely no idea why or how.

Memories of the previous night, suddenly came flooding his mind and making him extremely restless.

The last things he could remember before going blank was Kim Seokjin handing him a dry towel and a mug of warm coffee.
***********

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT

"Who are you?" Seokjin called out.

The person outside the door, moved closer to the security monitor so the face would be clearly seen, and Seokjin's eyes instantly widened in realization.

"Oh my God, Hyewon?" He asked almost in disbelief, and quickly entered the pass code, thereby unlocking the door. "Hyewon, where have you been?" He asked.

To which Hyewon only kept her head down, without uttering a word. Noticing her constant trembling, Seokjin ushered her into the living room. "Come in, why didn't you just open the door? Did you forget the password?" He inquired.

Still, he was met with complete silence.

Only then did Seokjin allow his eyes properly rake over her body. The inked fingers on display, the short wet blonde hair and the pale face, instantly made his eyes bulge out of its sockets.

"A-are you Hyewon's brother?" His breath shaky as he asked, trying to possibly understand why on earth it was in-law standing in his living room instead of his wife. That wasn't the only thing he was trying to understand, the fact that Jungkook looked exactly like the same person who has been living with him for a few months now, made a sudden and painful headache hit him like a load of bricks.

Seokjin gripped his head with a loud wince, and stepped backwards just a little, enough to create space between him and the boy. "C-can you please tell me what's going on? Where is my wife? Did your mother send you to me?"

As soon as the questions rolled off his tongue, Jungkook dropped to his knees, resting both palms on his thighs, and shivered.

Kim Seokjin was known as a very smart man, he was never the type to be outplayed or at a loss of words in any given situation. But in the face of the very situation that presented itself before him, he was indeed dumbstruck. Coherent and meaningful sentences found it immensely difficult to form on his tongue, as he stared at the boy kneeling before him.

Seokjin exhaled, trying to calm his ragged breathing. His hot coffee long forgotten, "What's going on? You're scaring me. Did something happen to Hyewon?"

Jungkook shook his head. He prayed for the ground to open up and swallow him at the gruesome information he was about to bombard the man with. His fingers clenched and unclenched, constantly digging into the flesh of his palm, and his mind thinking about the best way to get out of the mess he'd been creating all along. At some point, his mind wandered to his friend Daniel, Jungkook felt rather foolish for ever listening to his words and taking his advice to heart in the first place.

He dragged in a generous amount of air, which did close to nothing in calming his thundering heart, before he said, "It's me, I'm Hyewon"

Maybe it was the severe cold he was suffering from, or the fear of finally telling the truth, or maybe both. But it somehow made his voice sound really low, thereby making the words which escaped his lips, come out merely as whispers.

Kim Seokjin corked a brow, deciding to walk closer to the boy again, "I didn't get that, what did you say?" He didn't sound mad in the least as he spoke actually. His voice still had that clear and crisp effect to it as usual.

A small tear came cascading down the corners of Jungkook's eyes, and he fell face down on the ground, practically bowing to the man as if he were a king. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, please forgive me, I didn't mean for any of this to happen" he wailed.

If asked, Jungkook didn't even know why he was apologizing yet, it wasn't like he had eventually told Kim Seokjin the entire truth. If anything, he has said nothing reasonable enough, but he felt like apologizing to the man beforehand, and rather desperately even.
***********

Seokjin's entire mood was sour and his mind hazy with different thoughts as he plopped himself down on his office chair. Deeply sighing, he pressed two fingers to his temple and massaged gently, trying by all means necessary to relive any form of tension.

When Jimin walked into his office, he observed him keenly for a few minutes before shutting the door behind him, and walking further into the large office space.

"Will you spill, or i'll have to make you?" He voiced out, still starring keenly at Seokjin.

Unfortunately, Seokjin couldn't quite hear him as he was too neck deep in thoughts. So Jimin had to bang on the office table to get his attention, thereby causing Jin to jerk up instantly.

"What was that for?" He groaned frustratingly.

"You tell me" Jimin said, crossing both arms loosely over his chest.

Shooting Jimin a questioning look, Seokjin said "tell you what exactly?"

This statement immediately prompted jimin to roll his eyes, "Don't even act dumb with me, I know something is up. From the board meeting earlier to now, you've been absentminded all morning. So this stunt you're trying to pull? Don't even bother, I'm not buying it." He voiced out, "I know something is up, so it would be better you just fess up instead of even trying to lie to me Seokjin"

I cross-check every chapter for mistakes like a million times before publishing, and there's never any. But once I publish, BOOM! I end up seeing a whole lot. Don't mind me please, thanks for understanding.