Chapter 9

It was already late in the evening when Jungkook arrived back at the penthouse, he'd caught sight of Kim Seokjin's car on his way in, so he knew he was home. Pushing the door open as carefully as possible, he tip toed inside avoiding by all means to announce his presence.

When his shoes came off, he sighed in relief. He had been in discomfort all day long and it wasn't entirely a good day either, all he wanted to do at the moment was take a long warm bath and fall into a deep slumber

He stopped in his tracks, his feets somehow rooted on the exact spot he stood in when the lights turned on, illuminating the darkness and casting a clear view of Kim Seokjin who was resting against the wall with his arms folded over his chest. The man wasn't even doing anything, but he was still looking ridiculously hot.

"Hi" he managed to say

The man cleared his throat, his posture straight and firm as his hands found their way into his pockets. Jungkook had somehow taken note of this very action, Kim Seokjin did it often, maybe on purpose or simply out of habit

"Are you okay?" Seokjin asks, he sounded__concerned somewhat

Jungkook nooded immediately. What made him think he wasn't okay "Yes I'm fine, when did you get home?"

"Since a while ago" he walked towards the dining area which was to the far left of them. When Jungkook allowed his gaze follow him, they rested on a bountiful sight of different kinds of assorted meals along with side dishes splayed on the table. His brows furrowed in confusion, he hadn't even noticed that since he stepped into the house, but what was even more confusing was how the table was set, with a dimly litted scented candle in the middle, almost like__a date.

Jungkook cleared his throat and stole a glance at the wall clock above his head "You're expecting a guest?"

Seokjin chuckled "It's late Hyewon, why do you think so?"

"Umm because of the these I guess" he gestures to the table and everything on there

He watched Seokjin pull out a chair, hands resting behind it casually, before returning his gaze back to him "Come take a seat Hyewon, I made us dinner"

Jungkook's heart may have done a flip or maybe four at a time. At the same time his heart somehow constricted in discomfort within his chest, he wasn't Hyewon for goodness sakes, and he sure as hell wasn't deserving of Kim Seokjin staying up late to make him dinner

"I spent quite a long time preparing these for us, please can you just join me? I can't possibly eat these all by myself hm?"

He realized he'd been too lost in thought and had kept him quiet.

Jungkook was nervous, his throat was somehow dry and his lips felt chapped. He wasn't used to any of this, he just freaking wanted to be back in his room and cry his eyes out over his misfortune.

He swiped his tongue over his lips as Kim Seokjin stared at him expectantly "Do you mind if I take a shower before I join you?"

Kim Seokjin didn't smile so often, but he did give him what seemed like a small smile, one he wasn't mistaken, one which didn't go unnoticed before he nodded "Sure you can, I'll be right here waiting. Take your time"

Jungkook paced about in his bedroom after his much needed shower. He picked up his phone and thought of dialing Jisoo, he didn't feel like he could pretend any longer in front of the man, and now he wanted them to have dinner?

He's got to be kidding.
**********

When his phone vibrated underneath his pillow, he jolted awake sleepily, rubbing his eyes with the back of his palm continuously until they adjusted to the bright lights.

He picked up his phone and the text from Daniel his teammate read:

•Practice starts by 10am this morning don't be late.You already have several warnings from coach•

He tossed his phone aside and stretched out his limbs, the crackling sounds made him sigh in relief.

Showers were always nice honestly, it was putting on makeup and pinning in his long hair extensions that were always the godamn hassle every morning. But it's safe to say after two months of the same routine continuously, he's pretty much gotten the hang of it.

Back in his room he settled for his usual long dress and a beige colored sweater, making a mental note to sneak back into the dorm to change into his sportswear.

Looking around to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything, he slipped his phone into his bag and headed out.

Dalia was flashing him a bright smile as he approached her who was standing beside the front door "Good morning Mrs Kim, trust you had a pleasant night?"

He returned her a small smile to avoid being rude "Yes I did, good morning Dalia"

The lady bowed politely "Do you by any chance need anything Mrs Kim?"

Jungkook shook his head "I'm just about heading out"

"Do have a great day" the lady added and excused herself with a slight bow as usual.

Holding on to the door knob, he was about pulling it open, but then he had the urge to ask the lady about Seokjin, so he made his way back towards the kitchen where he is met with the lady thrashing different foods into the waste bin and the kitchen sink. The very same food he'd seen on the table last night.

His mouth hung open as his eyes widened in horror. Dalia who had her back towards him really couldn't see him.

No! No!! No!!! It couldn't be.

"Da-dalia?"

The lady turned around in one swift movement "Yes Mrs K___"

"What are those and what are you doing to them?"

He lady looked between the sink and back to Jungkook "Oh these, I came in this morning and found Mr Kim sleeping with his head resting on the table, when I woke him up he ordered me to thrash everything and clean the area. Those were his only orders to me before he left."

The ground should open up and swallow him please. Did he end up not joining Kim Seokjin for dinner last night?

He gripped his hair in frustration as realization hit him hard. He was too panicked that he had actually laid on the bed to rest for a bit but ended up falling asleep till morning.

Great! How much more of an asshole could he possibly be? He groaned out in frustration.

Two updates in one day because why not?🤪