Chapter 17

"Mom please stop" Jungkook pleaded trying to pry his mothers hands away from the collar of his shirt.

Mrs Jeon only gripped harder, obviously trying to convey her very distressed state, "You can't do this, we will all become a laughing stock in the entire city, you need to go back home jebal" she pleaded continuously, jerking Jungkook back and forth as she spoke.

"What about me? Have you ever thought about how this whole charade affects me mom? When last do you think I even attended school or basketball practice, knowing just how passionate I am concerning it?" He exhaled "Please let's stop this, I'm so tired, I can't continue doing this"

Mrs Jeon's eyes widened, she clutched his shirt even tighter this time, "so what do you suggest we do Jungkook ah" she wailed, tears forming in her eyes "We will loose everything! everything I tell you. We've come this far why quite now Jungkook?"

Bitting his bottom lip is agony, Jungkook could do nothing but stare at his mother, immediately regretting why he ever picked up her call and came home in the first place. Safe to say he did so because she called in sick, or rather pretended to be sick, now here Jungkook stood before his mother regretting that little moment he allowed himself to slip into her trap.

Feeling extremely pressured and tensed underneath his skin, Jungkook forcefully swatted her hands away, breaking free, "Mom stop!" He yelled at the top of his voice, enraged. "I'm beginning to think you're doing this solely based off of your own interest, not that of Nonna or myself. I'm not going to say this again, so I really want you to pay attention once and for all, I'm not going back to Kim Seokjin's house and I do not care how that makes us look before the entire world. I'm tired of lying to myself and hurting the innocent man in the process, he doesn't deserve any of this and neither do I" He heaved a long sigh afterwards.

Mrs Jeon stumbled back on her feets, sluggishly draggging her weak feets behind her until she fell on the couch, feeling defeated.

"Jeon Jungkook?" She called out, voice dipping an octave lower than usual, "You can't do this to us please" as soon as the words left her mouth, so did the tears,staining her cheeks.

Sated.

This was exactly how Jungkook felt, resting his entire weight against the kitchen island, he exhaled, as he stared at his weeping mother. Life was indeed so unfair sometimes, he should be the one in her position, he should be the one crying his eyes out because his entire life was crumbling to bits before his very eyes. But here he was with a softened heart, which ached with each hiccup that escaped his mothers lips.
***********

Yelling continuously, Daniel ran up to Jungkook, immediately he sighted him getting down from the metro bus and heading into the schools dorm area.

"Jk!" He called out, coming to halt in front of Jungkook, while clutching his chest and panting heavily. "Where have you been man? Damn I thought you left the country without me already, I've tried calling you countless times, what's up?"

"Nothing much" Jungkook answers rather flatly, without sparing the boy a proper glance.

Daniel's brow furrowed, creating quite an obvious crease along his forehead, "Nothing much? That's it?" He asked, sounding inquisitive.

Nothing much, wasn't about to start answering half of the questions Daniel had piled up for Jungkook.

Daniel scoffed, gripping Jungkook by the arm, "Come with me" he said, pulling an obviously confused Jungkook along with him towards a small cafe down the street.
**********