ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

One day darkness came and made everyone's hearts it's home

On an island in the Atlantic Ocean, towards the South region, the village of Umbra welcomed a new day

On an island in the Atlantic Ocean, towards the South region, the village of Umbra welcomed a new day. The sun's rays made their way through the orange sky to illuminate the beautiful beaches and extensive fields.

The strong wind hit the windows of the colorful houses, warning the villagers of the cold temperatures that awaited them outside their homes. As if it were a dance rehearsed thousands of times, the inhabitants prepared themselves in perfect synchrony, to the usual rhythm of their routines.

They were ready to continue with their mundane lives, but instead they were met with a nightmare.

A curtain of fog covered every nook and cranny of the territory, inside it was hidden the darkest energy on the face of the Earth. The energy called out to the villagers, no matter how hard they tried they couldn't resist. One by one they left their houses. At that moment, sadness gripped their spirits and fear froze their hearts.

A figure similar to a man appeared out of nowhere.

"I'm here to claim my prize," he declared loud and clear to the crowd that gathered around him. "I fulfilled my part of the deal, now it's time for you to do the same."

Silence followed the affirmation, no one had the strength to emit a sound. Millions of questions were born in the minds of the villagers, yet none of them had the chance to be voiced out.

One brave little girl came out of her hiding place, and standing in front of her mother's legs, she asked. "What is a deal?"

"A deal is an agreement," answered the mysterious visitor, amused by the curious girl. "Years ago I came to an agreement with the elders of this village. They swore to give me your souls in exchange for a favor. Now I'm here to collect them."

A wave of screams rose from the terrified villagers. Some of them fell to the ground, others were trembling.

Once again it was the little one who talked. "Who are you mister?"

"I'm the Devil."

That was it, the little piece of information needed to send the entire multitude into chaos. Cries, pleads, and prayers arose at the same time.

In the end, the Devil realized that he was bored, even after the pleasure of hearing the villagers' screams. Although he was ecstatic about the souls he would add to his collection, he decided to have a little fun.

"Silence!" He yelled, demanding the attention of the villagers. "I'm tired of all the whining. I'll give you the last chance. Each of you would receive a supernatural power, but my demons would be sent to Umbra. They would no longer possess immortality or superior strength, which won't make them less superior than you. After a year, any human left alive would be free."

And with those final words, he disappeared.

Once the fog dissipated, the villagers, shivering in fear, grasped the severity of the situation. They were now in a war with an army of demons.

 They were now in a war with an army of demons

-Welcome everyone to my new book!

- T.W: This story will contain violence, internalized ableism and a toxic relationship

-One of the characters is part of the autism spectrum. I'm autistic and that is why I wanted to add representation of the spectrum in my book. I want to clarify that there is no correct way to be autistic, Agatha is one of the thousands of possibilities, even so I hope that some autistic person can see themselves represented in her. You'll see about of internalized ableism during the first chapters, but she'll learn accept herself as the plot advances.

- English is my second language, so if you see a mistake please let me know so I can get better.

- I hope you like the story!

-Wattpad is the only site allow to have my books. If you see this story in other place please report it.