ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀɢᴀᴛʜᴀ

The closer the time for the date was the more anxious Agatha got

The closer the time for the date was the more anxious Agatha got. Truth was that Ellis made her nervous, something about the way he behaved and looked at her, created a weird reaction inside her. The librarian reminded herself that she couldn't fall for his tricks, at least until she got to know him for real. 

"That's it. What's going on with you today?" Demir stopped her track of thoughts "You've been staring at that book for twenty minutes."

The young woman averted her gaze to the book in her hand. She was organizing the last few books she had to put away in piles on the reception table when her thoughts captured her.

"Just thinking about my date."

"And you didn't think of coming to your best counselor for advice? You better start talking before I hide all your gummy bears."

"It's nothing special" Agatha gave up, leaving the book on the front desk, still rocking her body. "Remember the guy that came yesterday, the one we've never seen before? He asked me on a date. He's hot but there's something about him that irks me."

"So, you're telling me that something about the guy bothers you but you're still going on the date. Why? Because he's hot? Girl I thought you knew better."

"I don't know if it's a bad thing, maybe I just found him weird cause I don't know him. I don't want to judge him without giving him a chance, he could be amazing." Agatha avoided the talk about what happened the previous night, the real reason why she accepted the offer.

"Want me to use my powers to find info about him, It'll take less than a minute to find him on the internet."

"No, I don't want you to hack the whole internet to stalk him. Isn't that illegal?"

"Don't be boring, I have to use my power for something. What else should I use it for? To play hero? Nah, I'll pass,"  Demir dismissed her friend's accusation. "Be careful, in times like this you shouldn't play with strangers."

A pang of pain shocked Agatha at the mention of danger. More than anyone she knew what could be the consequences of being careless, she already suffered them and didn't think she could walk out victorious a second time. Unconsciously, she began to wave her hands under the reception desk.

"I'll take care of the rest, you can go home," said Demir, taking the book. "Take some rest before your date."

"No, I'm good. I can survive for another hour."

"Hey, whatever stupid excuse you're thinking about doesn't matter. I know you hate to take some time off, but that doesn't make you less responsible. Ms. White knows you're a great worker and everyone has to take some days off sometimes."