ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜱᴛᴇꜰᴀɴ

There's no weight as heavy as the one exerted by the truth, to carry it over one's spirit can leave a permanent deviation

Every time Stefan crossed gazes with a villager he remembered what he was keeping away from them. The nice greetings he received while he walked in the direction of the church only added fire to his guilt.

All those kind people continued with their usual life without knowing about the horror that was about to come. He told himself that there wasn't another choice, the risk of making the information public exceeded the benefits. All of this left them with one option, they had to find a way to convince the villagers to train without mentioning the imminent attack.

In the search for an ally, Stefan made it to the parish. It was a Saturday, so the place overflowed with the presence of the community members. In the territory that surrounded the building, the younger ones sat in circles and played games. All of them said hello to the newcomer, their enthusiasm surprised the leader who smiled for the first time that day.

Once he passed through the big doors of the church, he encountered plenty of people praying. Between them, father Zenkin acted like a guide, answering questions and offering support.

"Father. Can we talk in private?" Asked Stefan to let his presence known.

"Stefan! What a pleasant surprise," said Mr. Zenkin. The tone of his voice expressed joy but his eyes showed concern. "Follow me, we can talk in my office."

With fake smiles printed on their faces, they undertook the short trip. As soon as they entered the room the real feelings arose.

The office remained as the leader remembered it. Being a man of habits, he sat in the same chair that he used the first time. The priest also took his place in front of him.

"What brings you here? Your attitude tells me that's not good news," said father Zenkin.

"We have serious problems, whatever you're thinking right now, I can assure you that it can get worse." Answered Stefan, going right to the point. "I'm trusting you with this, only a small group of people knows what I'm about to tell you, and it has to remain this way."

"I understand, I guess we're talking about life or death information."

"Exactly. And after what happened with Casimir I don't trust anyone inside your community, because I don't know them."

"What happened with Casimir?" Asked the oldest man.

"You don't know anything about it?" Stefan's voice was full of surprise. "With how fast the information spread in this village I thought you would know about it. He betrayed us, he's part of Peters' cult."

"I'm sad to hear that he fell into the wrong path, I know his family, they're wonderful people. It's a hard strike for our community and I imagine that's also very harmful to your people."